Manager, Credit Initiation, BB
Standard Chartered Bank
Beijing, Beijing, China
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Purpose of the Job:
• Evaluate credit applications using quantitative and qualitative analysis according to pre-defined process and DOI, including data integrity check, documentation verification, site visit report evaluation and credit policy compliance check.
• Ensure compliance to the approval procedures, credit standards, and local regulations
• Approve credit application under designated lending authority (subject to CSA test and other credit course completion);
• Training and coaching the team to improve overall credit experience and knowledge
• Evaluate/Approve BWC credit applications based on in-depth analysis of customer's biz model, group structure and thorough understanding of customer's industry, operating cycles, and other relevant factors;
• Evaluate credit applications according to credit risk polices and local regulations, and use relevant data-driven decision tools effectively;
• Assist in training of the Approver/CA to improve risk awareness and credit assessment skills from corporate lending approach;
• Maintain smooth communication with Front line, Key stakeholders, vendor, etc;
• Take initiatives on BWC process/policy simplification as well as digitalization if any
• Support other administration works as assigned
• Comply with code of conduct, all laws, regulations, policies, and procedures issued by the regulatory units and the Bank
• Complete CSA within 2 months after joining, complete all assigned compliance trainings, e-learning etc.
• Adhere to risk and compliance requirements in day-to-day responsibilities including timely submission of reports and related documents
• Adhere to delegated authority or else escalate
• Seek clarification in case of doubt
• Know your customer
Prior Experience / Knowledge Required:
Bachelor degree or above, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Banking
10+ working experience in corporate banking either in front line, credit underwriting or risk control function
5+ year underwriting experience in Corporate or SME lending
Qualification in Accounting (e.g. CPA, ACCA) is a strong plus;
Independent and detailed analytical mind
Good communication skill
Mature, hard working, enthusiastic, dedicated, and goal oriented; and ability to work under high
pressure and self motivated
Good command of written/oral English and Mandarin
Good PC skills in particular Excel
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.