Magnolia, Arkansas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain clean and safe work area to "Total Housekeeping Management" and "ISO" standard.
- Works under the direction of the Plant Manager in planning, scheduling, performing maintenance work, staffing, training and supervising, manages machines and materials in the department in order to secure the maximum efficiency of plant equipment.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with employees.
- Plans and schedules work cooperating with production personnel to minimize interference with production.
- Determines spare parts and maintains inventories as required. Initiates orders for same.
- Implements installation of new equipment and facilities per A/R's.
- Cooperates with other departments to implement company programs such as cost reduction, fire prevention, housekeeping, safety, energy conservation, environmental control, etc.
- Provides accurate reports for labor usage and usage of maintenance repair materials.
- Supervises and schedules necessary repairs to equipment, building and facilities including replacement or rebuilding of parts.
- Plans and implements a preventive maintenance program.
- Reviews progress and completion of work performed by subordinates in the department.
- Makes complex wiring diagrams, mechanical drawings and sketches.
- Reads and makes proper electrical installation from blueprints and wiring diagrams.
- Possess general knowledge of plant electrical distribution system and power requirements.
- Teaches, advocates and uses safe working practices and reports hazardous conditions at all times. This includes the use of lock-out, tag out as well as use of hot work permits.
- Instructs and follows-up the activities of inexperienced employees.
- Fill out records as required.
- Operates forklifts as necessary.
- Maintains forklift certification.
Supervises all Maintenance Technicians. Follow the guidelines, policies and procedures of JM Eagle. Makes decisions on matters related to maintenance of equipment. Work independently as well as under the supervision provided by the Plant Manager. Maintain working relations with all departments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum High School or equivalent. Electrical and mechanical experience. Complete capability to read and produce drawings, knowledge of electrical codes and ability to use shop math. 5+ years experience in maintenance repairs.