al-Amarat, Muscat, Oman
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
Looking for a Maintenance Manager for our Oil field service client in Oman.
Purpose of the Job:
Responsible for managing all company assets and controlling day to day maintenance services in a cost effective way and ensuring that all units are running efficiently.
Qualifications / Experience Required:
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in heavy duty mechanics
- A minimum of 10 years of experience with Oilfield service equipment
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role
- Heavy Duty Mechanic Journeyman certificate or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge in Hydraulics and electrical systems
- Communicates directly with the Operations Department to coordinate maintenance and repair work for all assets.
- Communicates directly with QHSE manager to ensure effective participation by the maintenance technicians in the implementation of QA policies and procedures.
- Directs, maintains, and promotes the annual safety program for the maintenance department; reviews safety records to uphold standards of maximum safety for all maintenance technicians.
- Establishes and maintains a Preventive Maintenance Management system (PMMS) for tracking work orders, repair requests, spare parts, planning/scheduling, preventive/predictive maintenance, and maintenance history of all company assets.
- Gather data and generate reports for monthly reporting, trending performance, tracking efficiencies, and implementing continuous improvement plans.
- Procurement of parts and equipment and maintaining inventory levels of consumables and critical spare parts.
- Develop procedures required to ensure all units are working and maintained safely and efficiently.
- Maintain and update operating and training manuals for the maintenance department.
- Communicate with the field supervisors and maintenance team on a daily basis to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Supervise a team of field mechanics, providing training and support as necessary.
- Conducts employee performance reviews based on job descriptions to determine competency, knowledge, and contribution of the maintenance technicians. Provide guidance and recommend technical training as required.
- Participate in objective setting, plan development and performance review for all direct reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- Assists with selection and hiring process of maintenance personnel as required.
- Based on operational data and industry research, proactively initiate and implement approved projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
- Ensures company and client regulations, certifications, standards, and expectations related to the maintenance program are met at all times.
- Monitors the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.