Machinist - (Banbury)
Banbury, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Manufacturing Operations
Job Contact: Sian Clayton
JOB TITLE: Machinist
SALARY & BENEFITS: Depending on experience
WORKING HOURS: Full-Time Position, Monday - Friday - 40 hours per week
(Must be flexible around the needs of the business)
THE COMPANY: Our client completes mechanical machine testing for the aerospace and automotive industry. They have exciting opportunities available for Machinists to join their team.
THE ROLE: For the role of the Machinist, you will provide sample preparation, by mark up, machining & inspection and to feed prepped samples for onward CNC machining in relation to existing business functions.
Key Responsibilities for the Machinist role to include:-
• To provide preparation and machining support in the machine shop and be flexible in your approach to assigned tasks
• To maintain Machine shop equipment in a clean & serviceable condition in order to minimize downtime
• To undertake compilation of certificate of conformity as necessary to provide a full service to the customer
• To become acquainted with the site Safety & Quality Policies. Instruction will be provided on the Quality & Safety systems employed at WMT&R Limited to permit safe & efficient working practices
• Verification of measuring equipment in calibration with the Quality department and WMTR quality systems.
THE CANDIDATE: For the role of Machinist you will have good attention to detail, be able to work unsupervised and be self motivated. . You will need to live within a commutable distance to Banbury.
Key experience essential for the role of Machinist-
• Previous familarisation of measuring equipment, such as micrometers, Vernier's, and profile projectors preferable
• Familiar with metric and imperial metrology and capable of interpretation of both engineering 2D/3D drawings
• Good hands on capability use of various marking processes and hand tools
• Experience in the operating of cutting saws, manual lathes and mills is essential in this role
In-house training will be provided where required
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.