Long Term Disability - Senior Ability Analyst
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Insurance & Superannuation
Want to help people? Then you belong here. We currently have an excellent claims professional career opportunity available to join our Long Term Disability team in Plantation, FL. We are looking to start our paid training class January 7th, 2019 and this will follow our remote work program.
As a Hartford Claims employee, you will join a fast paced team with advancement opportunities and will have responsibility for managing disability claims from initiation through return to work or cessation of the claim, consistent with corporate claim standards policies and procedures, and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
With over 200 years of expertise, The Hartford is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. At The Hartford, keeping promises to our customers means hiring exceptional people. If you are looking for a career where you make a difference in people's lives, helping them prevail in their time of need, then this is the role for YOU!
As a Long Term Disability - Senior Ability Analyst you will:
* Plan, recommend, and execute the investigation and disposition of claims consistent with corporate claim standards policies and procedures, and statutory, regulatory and ethics requirements.
* Manage caseload/claims within established performance standards.
* Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
* Investigation of claims can include critical assessment of medical, occupational and financial components.
* Perform analysis and documentation of the various forms of claim data to direct outcome drive claim strategies.
* Responsible for management of disability claims for insured, building relationships via phone and email with claimants.
* Utilize verbal and numerical critical thinking skills to gather information, apply sound reasoning and draw appropriate conclusions; make sound decisions based upon mixture of analysis, experience and judgment with management oversight.
* Maintain action-oriented, confident approach to work assignments.
* Customer service is an essential skill at The Hartford, our goal is to create loyalty with our customers and deliver an exceptional customer experience.
* Support and help create a team environment that achieves Group Benefit Claims Diversity and Inclusion initiatives.
* Other duties as needed.
* A passion for customer service.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate.
* Desire to advance your career and continuously improve.
* Willingness to learn, lead, be led, support others, have fun and work hard.
* Proficiency with MS Office applications.
* Ability to meet productivity targets in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong organizational skills a must.
* Ability to work in a team-structured environment.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Behaviors at The Hartford:
* Deliver Outcomes ? Drive exceptional performance to move the company forward.
* Work as a Team ? Collaborate inclusively to achieve the best results.
* Build Strong Partnerships ? Create lasting value through trusted relationships.
* Strive for Excellence ? Always look for ways to continuously improve.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
* Pre-Employment Assessment: Once you've applied, a pre-employment assessment will be sent to you via email, assuming you haven't previously taken one in the past 6 months. Be sure to check your e-mail regularly for any status updates. To avoid emails from The Hartford being directed into spam, add to your contacts.
* Travel Requirements: As part of the multi-week new hire training program, you may be required to travel out of state for up to two (2) weeks. All travel expenses and arrangements are paid for by The Hartford.
* This position has the ability to work remote or in office.
Pre-Employment Assessment: Once you've applied, a pre-employment assessment will be sent to you via email, assuming you haven't previously taken one in the past 6 months. Be sure to check your e-mail regularly for any status updates. To avoid emails from The Hartford being directed into spam, add to your contacts.
Training Requirements: As a condition of employment, you will be required to successfully complete a multi-week New Hire Training Course and, upon completion, obtain a passing score on the final course assessment. Continued employment with The Hartford is contingent upon you successfully passing the exam(s) within 30 business days from the completion of the New Hire Training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age