LNG Systems Engineer
Kevin Edward Associates
Heywood, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Position: LNG Systems Engineer
Job Location/ Territory: This is a home based position but will require international travel and to be based within a commutable distance of the manufacturing unit based in Wiltshire.
Company Benefits: To include (after qualifying period),Pension Scheme, Life Assurance and Earnings Replacement Scheme, Annual discretionary profit related bonus.
Hours: 37.5 per week, Monday to Thursday 8.30am - 5pm (45 minutes for lunch)
Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm (30 minutes for lunch) - dependent on site location.
Holiday: 25 days per annum
Responsible to: Commercial Director - LNG
Purpose of Role:
To manage and coordinate an aftersales function to include service & maintenance, reporting, training, commissioning, which will entail extensive international on-site attendance onshore/offshore.
• Manage execution of service contracts on vessels and within terminals
• Coordination of personnel and stock
• Customer facing responsibilities to include on site representation, training & demonstrations
• Reporting - Internally and externally
• Commissioning of new equipment on vessel and within terminal
• Non- conformance report management
• Supporting the LNG department
• Support the production of technical manuals and instruction
• Health and Safety record and attitude to Health & Safety
• Quality of workmanship
• Timekeeping and attendance
• Customer satisfaction
* Personal Requirements - Initiative, successful individuals in this role will need to use their initiative to overcome tricky situations, and difficult circumstances whilst they or members of their team are away.
* Planning/Organising - Priorities and plan work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organises or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials correctly.
* Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyses information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; effectively influences actions and opinions of others; accepts feedback from others; gives appropriate recognition to others.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
* Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
* Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; willingness to be flexible; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternative plan