City College Plymouth
salary: 3501.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Plymouth, Devon, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
9 hrs. P/wk., 40 wks. P/yr. | Permanent | £3,420 - £3,501 P/A (pro rata of £15,863 - £16,239)
We have an exciting opportunity for a passionate, friendly, and customer-focused assistant to join our existing team in the College library.
You will be supporting our students and staff by effectively providing access to appropriate learning resources, and their effective use, whilst working within the scope of the College's ethos, values and procedures.
Of course, your student and staff customers will be at the heart of everything you do, and you will help deliver effective customer service at and from designated helpdesks in the Library and Study Centre. Your tasks will include:
- Operating management and booking systems in any form - e.g. relating to rooms, PCs, loan equipment.
- Supporting the use of all facilities and systems
- Encouraging feedback concerning services
- Supervising the Library & Study Centre to create attractive, welcoming and tidy environments
- Supervising customers to create and maintain a supportive learning atmosphere, calmly and courteously addressing any inappropriate behaviour
- Communicating effectively with all service users
- Working with all relevant modules of the Library Management System, Koha
- Sales and cash handling
As one of the country's largest providers of quality education and training, our team of over 600 talented staff support over 12,000 students each year and each plays a part in making City College Plymouth a nationally recognised learning environment.
The College offers a range of teaching, business support and Apprenticeship opportunities. So if you want to be rewarded well for investing in people's futures - we want to hear from you.
City College Plymouth is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The College is an equal opportunities employer.