Lecturer in Countryside & Arboriculture
CAPEL MANOR COLLEGE 36528.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Enfield, Middlesex, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
Job title: Lecturer in Countryside & Arboriculture
Salary: £21,342 to £36,528 inclusive of £1,928 London Weighting
Benefits: Excellent Benefits Package Attachments:
Location: Enfield (with the ability to travel to Gunnersbury Park, Crystal Palace, and other centres)
Permanent, Full time
Capel Manor College is London's only Specialist College for land-based studies and an internationally renowned learning resource for all those interested in Horticulture, Animal Management, Saddlery, Arboriculture, Floristry, Garden Design, Countryside and the Environment.
The Lecturer in Countryside (Arboriculture) will have wide ranging and interesting duties and be encouraged to become fully involved in the development and maintenance of a range of courses organised by the College. It is intended that the lecturer will make important contributions to the development of the College's activities both locally and nationally.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the teaching, administration and assessment of mainly countryside, but with some aspects of Arboricultural courses offered by the College (to include its centres in North, East and Central London as appropriate) and assisting with the Quality Assurance (QA) process.
- Co-ordinate in conjunction with the Team leader and Head of School, Arboriculture and Countryside, the practical elements of course provision e.g. acquiring work sites, transport of students, equipment and providing materials
- Undertake course management as required, prepare work schedules, manage VLE pages, co-ordinate assessment procedures and prepare course reports and statistics as required by the College as part of the quality assurance programme and maintain student records and course files including up-to-date schemes of work
- Assist in the development and establishment of flexi-study and Distance/Open Learning courses as appropriate
- Participate in the development, organisation and delivery of new educational and curricular initiatives undertaken by the College as appropriate
- To be responsible for ensuring that the health and safety of students and staff is maintained at all times during the training sessions
- Develop and consolidate contacts with industry, work experience providers and other external organisations as appropriate
- Assisting in the interviewing and recruitment of potential students. Liaise with Data Admissions in answering pre-entry queries and problems
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year industrial experience
- Experience of environmental monitoring and surveying
- Level 3 Diploma in Arboriculture or Countryside management or related award (minimum)
- Teaching qualification (support will be given to gain accreditation)
What's in it for you?
- Capel Manor offers a unique working environment with a range of benefits including:
- Access to Teachers' Pension Scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Superb staff development opportunities
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and barring list check as it is within regulated activity due to the college being defined as a 'specified place'. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Capel Manor College aims to employ a workforce which reflects the community it serves. Therefore applications from minority groups are welcomed. Where applicants indicate they have a disability and meet the essential criteria in the person specification, they will be short-listed for interview.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on 'Apply' and complete an online application form.
Closing date for applications is 18 August 2018