Learning Support Assistants (in custody)
CF Appointments 19473.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
Learning Support Assistants (in custody)
Location: HMP YOI Feltham, Greater London
Salary: £19,473 per annum
Full Time posts available
These roles offer the opportunity to study and gain Qualified Teacher Learning & Skills Status.
Feltham YOI is a secure environment, full time roles will consist of 24 hours teaching and 12 hours non-teaching per week. You will be subject to a DBS check and enhanced security clearance which an take approximately 6 weeks. These are NOT term time only posts.
* Work in planned support of young people, across all educational areas, and on a 1:1 basis according to their individual learning needs so that any barriers to learning are overcome and, in particular, their literacy and numeracy skills are enhanced. Support specific reading scheme implementation.
* To provide lessons for individuals and small groups (no more than three) where learners are unable to access normal regime activities due to extreme LDD or other issues e.g. security.
* Provide specialist provision e.g. ESOL and support for specific LDD planned for the individual.
* Provide constructive support to teachers in the learning environment including classrooms, workshops, library etc, so those sessions are planned for, supported, managed and delivered efficiently and effectively.
* To work under the guidance of the SENCo to support the learning requirements of young people
* Contribute to establishing and maintaining high standards of student behaviour so that an orderly learning environment is achieved.
* Ensure that bullying is confronted so that vulnerable young people are safeguarded in their learning.
* Contribute to records of attendance, behaviour, and learning in support of lecturing staff to a high standard so that individual and group performance can be assessed.
* Contribute to assessment, planning and review in order that learning and skills development is integrated within the sentence planning process. Act as personal tutor to designated young people.
* To maintain appropriate records such as the LSA log and including prison documentation
* To maintain and/or contribute towards young people's ILPs
* To provide administrative support as required during non-contract hours
Essential Person Specification
* The post holder will be required to comply with a number of policies and procedures including Health and Safety legislation in connection with the work and to be aware of any special requirements associated with the role (e.g. security and confidentiality issues) and current child protection, diversity and other appropriate policies and procedures
* On a day-to-day basis the Specialist Learning Support Assistant (SpLSA) will work under the guidance of the SENCo, Teacher or other designated staff.
* Minimum Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy or GCSE (Maths and English)
* Experience of young people and related issues
* Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills, both with young people and a wide range of professionals, both within the establishment and in the community
"Prospects is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, valuing diversity and eliminating discrimination, as a core value.
We are determined that the principles of equality and diversity will underpin all our activities.
We welcome applications from every section of the community, particularly from people with disabilities who are underrepresented in the Company."
By applying for this role, you are agreeing to your CV being held on our database, stored confidentially and securely. Your CV will be used and kept only to provide the recruitment services you have requested from us, we will only send your details to clients once discussed with you and your data will not be shared with any other third party. You can ask for the deletion or correction of your data, or to opt out of this service at any point by informing CFA