Leader, Business Development Partnerships
Richmond, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Consulting & Corporate Strategy
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Worldpay from FIS is a global payments leader powering international commerce with deep Fintech expertise and a shared passion for our customers. Whether in-store, online or on a mobile device, we process over 40 billion transactions annually and offer more than 300 payment methods supporting 126 currencies across 146 countries. It's the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level working for the largest financial technology company in the world.
Manage activities and a business development manager team involved in creating and executing the North American partner strategy, specifically focused on ISV and Payment Facilitator partnerships.
What you will be doing
You will manage activities and a business development manager team involved in creating and executing the North American partner strategy, specifically focused on ISV and Payment Facilitator partnerships.
Provides leadership for area of responsibility including planning, coaching, recruiting, selection, performance development and mentoring.
- *Monitors staff performance, works with employees to implement goals and document progress, approves incentive compensation calculations and works with Human Resources on employee related issues.
- Responsible for activities involved in selling products and/or services, developing new accounts and/or expanding existing accounts.
- Directs resources in a cost-effective, innovative manner including assisting sales executives in effective use of resources and tools.
- Participates in establishing financial goals, objectives and measurements to meet growth targets.
- Develops sales plans, goals, strategies and objectives to achieve team goals and revenue objectives.
- Identifies critical market segments through market research and competitor analyses and recommends sales strategies for improvement.
- Implements and executes sales policies and practices.
- Prepares sales production reports for senior management.
- Participates in building, packaging and price setting with members of management to meet market needs.
- May assist sales executives in attaining revenue goals including the development of tactical and strategic plans to create and close product/service opportunities.
What you bring:
Requires strong sales management, organizational, team building, coaching and mentoring skills
- Requires strong business skills, industry knowledge, financial management and planning skills, long-term vision and executive presence
- In-depth knowledge of FIS products and services
- General knowledge of financial and/or payment solutions technology including systems, applications and banking practices
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management (internally/externally), employees, clients and public
- Requires solid decision-making and problem solving skills
- Track record of building, developing and managing high performing sales teams
Added bonus if you have:
- experience leading partnership sales teams
What we offer you
u2022A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
u2022The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
u2022Time to support charities and give back in your community
u2022A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
u2022A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
u2022A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Director level managerial role - directs and controls activities of a broad functional area through several managers. Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities, and recommending and implementing changes to methods. Participates with other senior managers in establishing strategic sales plans and objectives, makes final decisions on administrative/operational matters and ensures effective achievement of objectives. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the business and/or industry. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and sales plans/strategies meet corporate requirements. Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers. Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization. Typically requires ten plus years management experience as well as strong experience in a sales related discipline.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.