Lead Software Engineer
Delta Dental of California
Oakland, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
We are looking for a self-starter Senior Software Engineer with excellent technical expertise to help us build our Next-Gen Consumer Applications Suite.
How you will make an impact:
- Design, develop and maintain highly scalable & responsive consumer applications supporting high traffic volumes.
- Be part of an engineering team that builds and supports amazing customer-facing products that will drive the next generation of Delta Dental Digital Experience.
- Your primary focus will be the development of all server-side logic and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
- You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by UI Developers into the application. Therefore, a basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- You will communicate with customers and deliver high performing, resilient and intuitive suite of applications that create awesome customer experiences.
- You will work and collaborate with a cross-functional team of product managers, UX designers, architects, developers and automation engineers on our agile team.
What we look for:
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience designing and developing secure consumer-facing web applications.
- 2+ years of extensive experience building production application with Node.JS.
- 2+ years of Full Stack Front-End experience. Solid understanding of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Proficient in building and consuming of Restful Web service, JSON based request-response.
- Experience building responsive Single Page Web Applications.
- Good understanding of design principles to build a scalable application.
- Strong experience with the design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performing applications.
- Proficient with writing unit test case using any of the testing frameworks like Mocha, Chai, Jasmine etc.
- Proficiency with Chrome and/or other browser Developer Tools.
- Proficiency with Git/Github or other distributed version control systems.
- Understanding of user-centered design, progressive enhancement and graceful degradation, accessibility, SEO, responsive design, and website performance.
- Experience with Scrum, Agile Process.
Nice to Have:
- Contributions to open-source projects.
- Understanding of Relational, No SQL databases.
- Experience with Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with Linux environment & container technology such as docker.
- Experience with logging tools like Splunk or ELK.
- Experience with distributed cache like Redis.