Lead Software Developer (.Net)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Lead Software Developer (.Net) - BackInTheBlack, LLC Baltimore, MD
We offer the opportunity to work with some of the largest financial institutions in the country and to help support the leading mortgage servicing loss mitigation software available.
We are a growing financial software engineering company based in Baltimore, MD that offers its employees flexibility, career growth opportunities, exposure to FinTech in the top Banks and Sub-servicer s nationwide.
The Company: BackInTheBlack, LLC is part of a 100-million-dollar organization with offices around the globe. Our primary software application is BackInTheBlack which has pioneered an innovative and streamlined solution to the Mortgage Servicing Industries inefficiencies. BackInTheBlack was launched in 1999 as the industry's first web-based collections application and has since expanded to offer a; high demand, end to end, Loss Mitigation solution. BackInTheBlack has positioned itself well amongst its competitors with; strategic integrations, automated work distribution, and automated decision tools. All products are offered in a SaaS model built using the latest Microsoft and Oracle technologies. BackInTheBlack strives to develop solutions capable of adapting to a frequently changing default servicing landscape and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- Our companies product line features a Collection/Loss mitigation suite coupled with a borrower self-service portal. Continuous enhancement is required to keep up with new investor and regulatory requirements. Additional products will be added when strategic opportunities present themselves. All products are offered in a SaaS model, built using the latest Microsoft and Oracle technologies and follow industry best practices focusing on scalability, maintainability and reuse.
- Our mission is to assist financial institutions and mortgage servicing organizations to support their borrowers with loss mitigation efforts and minimize their overall losses. Through cutting-edge technologies and industry tenured staff, the organization has created an application rich with audit and compliance functionality. The company continues to build on its strategic relationships with investors, industry partners and government entities through integrations, new products, and policy to ensure compliance requirements are captured within its applications. Our culture attracts mortgage and technology professionals to provide the intellectual capital necessary to be an industry leader.
- The company s ability to deliver its technology as a vehicle for industry and regulatory standards is the core of its commitment to each of its clients. We modernize servicing processes through new solutions that anticipate client needs and industry requirements while functionalizing them into best practice. Our managed service model allows our clients the ability to focus on their core competencies and relieves them of system management and maintenance. From streamlined process automation to application integrations, experienced staff, coupled with its industry leading solutions, provide clients the ability to optimize human resources and deliver accurate results.
The Position: We re looking for a full time Lead Software Developer (.Net) to collaborate with highly motivated business and technical teams to develop/maintain N-tier .Net applications, unit test and debug applications, lead small development teams and contribute in troubleshooting to resolve application defects.
- We offer a flexible work environment with career advancement opportunities.
- We also offer a full benefits package including parking and cell phone reimbursement.
- Opportunity to work with new Web, Microsoft and Oracle technologies.
- B.E. / B.Tech. / M.E. / M.Tech. / M.S degree in Computer Science and Electronics or related field
- Over 5+ years of experience in developing Web based applications
- Experience with Oracle, ASP.NET MVC, JQuery or JSON, and Razor a plus
- Strong understanding of Object-oriented concepts and design patterns and working experience in developing .Net based web applications for Banking and Financial Domain.
- Agile development methodology experience is a must
- Strong knowledge in methods and techniques used to design, develop, test, and implement applications.
- Ability to work on small to large scale projects
- Provides technical direction for Application sub-system, and/or application research, design, analysis, testing, process improvement, and troubleshooting.
- Experience in building high traffic internet-based web applications
- Able to independently design and implement solutions or modules in a project.
- Good written and verbal communications skills and must be a strong team player.
- Solid understanding of design principles, design patterns, profiling, performance, security, connection-pooling, and multi-threading
- Microsoft Certification will be added advantage
- Experience with Veracode application security or equivalency
- Develop new features and maintain existing applications developed on .NET (Traditional Web Forms and MVC) from technical design specifications and/or guidance, with consideration to best practice standards
- Develop well tested, high performance, scalable web applications in a timely manner
- Leverage integrated DevSecOps tooling, ensuring security vulnerabilities are vetted in the early stages of the software development lifecycle
- Contribute in creation or independently create Technical Design/Architecture solutions in an agile development environment as required
- Provide insight/recommendations on new technologies and processes to evolve our development practice
- Gain working knowledge of business data and end user functions
- Participate in scrum stand-ups, reviews, retrospectives, planning, and estimation meetings
- Work directly with project stakeholders, business owners, business analysts and technical architects to understand and implement new requirements
- Author/co-author development knowledge bases in support of development initiatives and development practices
- Work independently and/or with a team of engineers locally and peer teams abroad
- Lead and coach junior team members, providing technical and product level guidance
- Perform peer and junior team member code reviews.
- C#, VB.Net, ASP.NET MVC 4, JAVA
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Oracle/SQL Server
The Location: BackInTheBlack is based in Baltimore, Maryland s trendy Harbor East district. Surrounded by monuments, museums, and historic and quirky neighborhoods, Harbor East celebrates the now. There is always something new and delicious near-by to try. Located east of Inner Harbor along the waterfront, Harbor East is one of Baltimore s up-and-coming hot spots. Here, business people sit next to hipsters at the latest fusion restaurant. Independent films play at an art-house theater. Locally owned boutiques mingle with well-known, high-end storefronts. Luxury hotels and spas provide outstanding accommodations and welcome relaxation. If you like to be on the cutting edge with easy access to every amenity you might need, our location is the place to be.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive industry pay
- Flexible work environment
- Unique office location
- Exposure in delivery and support of Software as a Service (SaaS) products for top financial institutions
- Training and education in Mortgage industry regulations and guidelines
- Exposure to new and emerging technologies
- Exposure and experience in DevOps automation and tools
- Exposure to leading software security SDLC integrations and cyber security practices
- Growing organization with career advancement opportunities