Few advertisers do not entertain applications from outside of Singapore. Please click apply, to check if you are allowed to.
Lead Site Reliability Engineer
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
We're looking for a candidate to this position in an exciting company.
- Work on Engineering Platforms consisting of Databases and CICD, Logging, and monitoring tools to provide a self-serve platform for the rest of the Development engineering teams.
- Everything as a code - if anything was done manually - find out the reason and fix it to ensure its never ever done manually again.
- Identify and resolve problems relating to critical service operations and to prevent their recurrence using different methods of automation
- Be involved in the design and subsequent implementation of software and service infrastructure
- Mentor other engineers, define our technical culture and help build a fast-growing team
- Preferably a degree in computer science, software engineering, information technology or related fields
- 5-7 years of relevant experience with managing IT infrastructure with focus on the Unix platforms
- Possess a solid understanding of the Linux or FreeBSD/OpenBSD family of Operating Systems and their underlying components
- Possess analytical skills, mental resilience and the ability to think systematically under stressful conditions
- Highly accountable and takes ownership. Outstanding work ethic, high-integrity, team player, and a lifelong learner
- Experience in one or more of: C, C++, Java, Perl, Python, Go, or scripting experience in Shell
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and work effectively across the organization.
- Work with development teams and analytic teams on database modeling and design from the moment a feature addition is planned. Participate in code reviews that include DB changes.
- Develop, review, and improve processes for stable deployments of Application Code with Release Engineering and of database server software.
- Develop and implement security policies and procedures that improve stability and prevent data loss.
- Setup process of DB monitoring, alerting, trending, and graphing methods with the SysOps Team and regularly evaluate and improve it.
- Develop and deliver, documentation and training materials. Perform training about database design modeling as well as operational best practices across the company.