Lead Site Reliability Engineer
San Francisco, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
MyFitnessPal is looking for an experienced Lead Site Reliability Engineer to help us build and scale the largest connected fitness platform in the world. As a member of our Technical Operations team at MyFitnessPal you will partner with Engineering and Product teams to design, build and deliver reliable and highly performant services which help our over 200 million users improve their health and quality of life. This is a tremendous opportunity to have a deep impact on the MyFitnessPal organization.
- Own technical architecture decisions and operations.
- Guide and mentor SREs on the team
- Research and adapt new infrastructure practices and technologies
- Build and maintain a low latency, high performance, scalable infrastructure
- Ensure the infrastructure makes it easy for architecture and engineering teams to achieve rigorous SLAs and massive, global user growth
- Work closely with engineering stakeholders to define platform requirements and underlying service implementations
- Work closely with engineers on your team and across the engineering organization to troubleshoot/fix issues
- Rapidly iterate on existing platform features
- Strong understanding of scaling systems reliably.
- Production experience with with data stores and/or async messaging (exmples: MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Memcache, Kafka, Elastic Search, etc)
- Exposure to containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with an automation/configuration management tools such as Salt, Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Proficiency in the use of code and script (examples: Python, Ruby, Java and/or Go)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
Education and/or Experience
- BS in CS or 6+ years of comparable experience
- Expertise and experience in service performance profiling and tuning
- Familiarity with cutting-edge open source libraries and experience contributing to projects of personal interest a plus
- Detail-oriented and data-driven.
- Passionate about health and nutrition.
At Under Armour, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Under Armour believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.