Lead QA Engineer
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
The role will report directly to the VP of Engineering and play a key part in the company's overall software quality strategy and direction. The Lead QA Engineer will engage cross-functionally to build consensus within the engineering development and support teams and take responsibility for the complete testing of our product.
- Contribute towards organizational goal of providing high quality products.
- Own test methodology, architecture and specifications.
- Implement test tools and methods to continually improve software quality.
- Participate in reviews of product requirements to understand test objectives and to provide input on testability of requirements.
- Translate end-user requirements and acceptance criteria into fully documented test cases and scripts in accordance with approved test plans.
- Interact with other internal teams to identify, create, and maintain test data needed to execute test cases.
- Participate in all stages of the software lifecycle using Agile methods.
- Execute test cases and scripts manually, using automated test tools, or through database queries as needed.
- Design, maintain, and execute automation test cases.
- Manage a device lab for Android & iOS devices.
- Work with software & support engineers to analyze test results, gather data, create tickets, and debug problems.
- Develop test cases to stress system performance and security.
- Report progress on issues and participate in status meetings.
Must Haves: Mobile Experience, Any Automation Experience, Some Ruby
- 3+ years acting as a team lead of a software test group.
- 7+ years practical QA, QA Automation, and CI experience.
- Experience testing in Windows and Mac OSX.
- Experience testing on Android and iOS devices.
- Familiarity with BDD & TDD approaches.
- Experience with Automation Testing to identify and create appropriate test cases and scripts for automation and regression testing.
- Understanding of SDLC using agile methodologies (Scrum).
- Comprehension of test management, defect tracking, and requirements management tools. (JIRA)
- Experience with Selenium, Jenkins, Robot, Silk, QTP Rational Functional Tester, and/or Gherkin/Cucumber or comparable tools.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and analytical/problem-solving skills required.
- Basic experience with programming languages (Java, Ruby, HTML, SQL).
- Bachelors' degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits incl Medical/Dental/Vision/401k
- Startup company feel and environment
- provided by Dice