Lead Payroll Officer
Schiedam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
My Oil & Gas client are looking to recruit for a Lead Payroll Officer for a 12 month Fixed Term Contract. As a Lead Payroll Officer, you are responsible for preparing and submitting all variables for the preparation of the payroll for the company entities based in the Netherlands.
You make it happen
- You collect and prepare the payroll elements; filling in the necessary forms for the payroll provider and judge elements on taxability.
- You issue gross-net calculations.
- You prepare payroll audit documents and participate to reviews with internal and external Auditors and Finance.
- You reconcile on monthly/quarterly/annual basis of all ledger accounts impacted by the payroll
- You prepare headcount and salary reporting.
- You ensure all holidays /R&R accruals are up to date in the system.
- Lots of energy, curiosity and ambition to keep improving our way of working;
- Autonomous, flexible, enjoy the challenge
- A team player mindset. You work closely together with your payroll colleague;
- 10 years of experience in a similar position
- you have a PDL certificate (this is mandatory)
- Good knowledge of AFAS
- At least a MBO 4 degree in Finance or Business Administration, Preferably HBO
- Good level of English, both verbally and written
- Good knowledge of the Dutch labor and tax law, including the 30% ruling
- International exposure, previous experience of assignees from abroad and related tax impact both onshore/offshore
- Previous experience in a regulatory environment (with CLA & Pension fund experience) and in audit
- Capacity to interface and work closely with the finance team
- Good Excel skills
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.