Schiedam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Mining / Oil / Gas
My Oil & Gas client is looking to recruit for a Lead Buyer to work on a Permanent basis in the Netherlands.
The Lead buyer is responsible to source, negotiate and purchase equipment/services in line with budget, schedule, quality and technical project requirements while ensuring that any procurement activity complies with Group Supply Chain strategy processes.
The post incumbent ensures the smooth execution of the orders in terms of contractual and commercial obligations. The Buyer proactively implements and ensures adherence to Fast4WardTM standardization principles.
- 10+ years of experience in the offshore oil & gas industry.
- 10+ years of experience in procurement of technical & complex packages. Value of the packages + 10 Million.
- Considerable track record at an offshore contractor and/or Oil Major.
- Preferably FPSO fabrication experience.
- Preferably Mechanical engineering background.
- Leadership skills.
As a lead buyer, you are to:
- Understand Company and project requirements and appropriately assign tasks to team members
- Set team expectations for quality standards and enforce safety requirements to meet project needs, corporate standards, and industry regulations
- Ensure each team member understands his/her role and responsibilities
- Provide support and guidance as needed to team members; partner with direct report for mentoring staff as needed
- Set yearly objectives, proactively assess team performance and partner with the direct report to continuously improve global performance as needed
- Ensure previous lessons learnt are incorporated and promote continuous improvement by sharing new lessons learnt with relevant managers
- Ensure proper communication with internal/external stakeholders to ensure all parties are promptly informed
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.