Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Science & Technology
Laboratory Technician - Plaquemine, LA
Kelly Science and Clinical
Laboratory Technician - This role is a full-time, long-term contract that is scheduled to last until Dec 2022.
As a Laboratory Technician placed with one of our clients, you will be responsible for the following:
Performs routine and non-routine analyses and evaluate and report results to enable the plant to produce and release products in a safe and timely manner, while maintaining product quality. This position is required to interface and communicate with others, including operations, packaging, and quality assurance personnel.
- Operate a variety of analytical and polymer testing equipment in a quality control lab environment
- Collects and analyzes samples of raw materials, process streams, and finished products
- Logs samples and data into Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Manipulates data in Excel and reviews data collected
- Compiles and records testing and operational data for review and further analysis
- Makes decisions and solves problems, monitors processes and materials, and evaluates machinery information to ensure conformity to industry standards
- Maintains laboratory equipment in accordance with business requirements
- Performs first line troubleshooting on lab equipment.
- Follow safety and quality policies and procedures
- Participates in and completes all assigned training programs including EH&S, Quality, and technical training.
- Willingness to be trained
- Ability to read, interpret and follow written job instructions and directions
- Ability to read and understand safety procedures, including OSHA standards and regulations
- Ability to collect samples
- Good mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Basic mathematical skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and long division
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow through on assignments
- Good communication and computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associates Degree or higher preferred - Open to recent graduates
- Minimum two years relevant lab experience in conjunction with some college courses in Chemistry, Biology, or other Life Sciences
Shift details: The is a rotating shift position, alternating between day and night shifts.
Pay: 22/hr (may be higher depending on experience)
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests-it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits ?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]]