Kennel Assistant - Kennel Attendant - Dog Care Crew
Family Dog Rescue
San Francisco, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Trades & Services
● Responsible for leading Family Dog Rescue Dog Care & Operations in a manner that supports and guides the organization's mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
Facilities & Safety
○ Ensuring cleanliness of all rescue spaces, particularly dog-related areas
○ Ordering supplies and working with partners to ensure rescue supply needs are met: Food, Medicine, Cleaning supplies, etc.
● Human Safety (Volunteers, Staff, Adopters, etc.): following safety protocols and tools throughout our spaces
● Ensure safety, health and wellbeing of dogs under our care
○ Feeding and caring for the dogs on a daily basis
○ Documenting behavior, behavioral assessment of dogs
○ Track incident reports, ensure they're written and that reporting forms are available for all volunteers, adopters, staff onsite
○ Matching dogs and assignment into rescue areas
○ Keeping track of dogs and where they're allocated
○ Grading dogs for our volunteers and keeping it up to date
○ Ensure dogs receive medical attention
○ Be responsible for intakes of animals - ensuring spaces, medical supplies, are prepared for intakes
Supporting Family Dog Rescue departments
○Support & collaborate with teams within Family Dog Rescue (Adoptions Team, Volunteers & Corporate Engagement)
DOG. From the underdogs of California's overcrowded municipal shelters to the street dogs of Mexico, Family Dog Rescue gives dogs in need a second chance. We welcome these dogs into our San Francisco shelter and foster program, providing them with medical care, temperament analysis, spay/neuter, vaccinations and finally, a loving family of their own. Family Dog Rescue is proud to save dogs of all kinds, including puppies, adults, mixed breeds, purebreds, and dogs with disabilities.
HUMAN. Our experienced, compassionate family of shelter volunteers and staff ensure that our dogs receive proper enrichment and socialization from the time they enter our program to the day they find their new home (and beyond). Our adoption process looks past any formulaic checklist of the perfect dog owner. We treat our potential adopters just as we treat our dogs - on an individual basis. We are proud to connect people to their perfect dog, creating families with every adoption.
FAMILY. We believe that when you adopt a dog, a family is created. Through events and social media outreach, we've created a community-wide connection between Family Dog supporters, adopters, volunteers and canine alumni. Together, we advocate for greater public awareness about responsible dog ownership and celebrate the connection and love that rescue dogs so openly give.
Family Dog Rescue was founded in 2010 by Angela Padilla , a young mom battling breast cancer. As a grassroots-grown, 501c3 dog rescue organization, we save over 800 dogs per year from certain euthanasia and place them with loving families.