Junior Sister/Charge Nurse
Brighton and Sussex University Hospital Trust
Brighton, Sussex, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
******Previous Applicants need not apply******
An exciting opportunity to join our diverse renal Outpatients Department (OPD) team has become available. The role involves hands-on work with patients in kidney failure and their families in the assessment, planning, support and review of care and treatment choices. The job description is varied and wide-ranging, shared with other staff. For this particular role the emphasis is on clinics, patient telephone support, and caseload management.
You will have opportunity to showcase and develop your renal skills and experience, creating individual care plans that fit patient need and help them make life-changing decisions for dialysis and treatment. You will have the interpersonal skills, competence, compassion and sensitivity to build positive and trusting relationship with patients and the multi-disciplinary team.
This will help you lead and support the nursing team caring for outpatients attending for nurse led clinics, walk-in assessments, patient education, and intravenous administration of infusions, drugs and blood. Frequently this may be at renal satellite locations in Worthing, Crawley, Bexhill and Eastbourne.
If not already a prescriber, training, support and funding is offered to complete the Physical Assessment module within two years to enhance the above aspects of the role, improve patient experience and clinical leadership.
Being a car driver is an advantage.
- Posts in the Trust are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Criminal Records Bureau to check for any previous criminal spent and unspent convictions, reprimands, and cautions.
- Appointment to this role will commence at the lowest salary point unless confirmed otherwise by HR Employment Services (Recruitment, Administration & Terms and Conditions)
- We may also use this advert to build our Bank staff. If you are unsuccessful at interview for a substantive role but meet the BSUH standards you may be offered a bank post.
- If this post attracts sufficient interest before the closing date, we may decide to close this vacancy at an earlier date, so an early application is advised.
Interview Date: 28th June 2018
Please ensure that you have read the Job Description in full before applying and that referees provided are your Line Managers over the last 3 years.
It is also important that any gaps in your employment history during this period are accounted for.
The Trust welcomes applications from everyone, especially those from underrepresented groups. There are a number of initiatives to support staff members from diverse backgrounds including:
- Belief Initiatives and Support
- Charity/ Volunteering
- Diversity &Inclusion Training
- Disability Support
- Early Careers Initiatives
- Ex- Armed forces Initiatives
- Home working/ Flexible working Initiatives
- Employee Assistance Programme
- General Accessibility
- Staff Network Groups
If you need more information, or help with the application process, please see the HR Mission Statement (to the right) or contact the HR Employment Services Team on or .
All staff members have a responsibility to treat colleagues, patients and clients with respect and to ensure that work environments remain secure, inclusive and mutually supportive.
Applications for Tier 2 sponsorship are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications, however under the Residence Labour Market Test non-EEA candidates may not be appointed if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available. For further information please visit UK Border Agency website.
Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals ensures equity of access and the delivery of our services through the provision of interpreter services, facilities for the disabled and sensitivity for towards ethnic, cultural and religious differences and needs
Please note we are a Smoke Free Trust. Smoking is not permitted on any of the Premises, grounds or in any Trust owned vehicle.