Junior Designer/ Naval Architect
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Advert / Media / Entertainment
We are currently seeking a Junior Designer/ Naval Architect to join an innovative yacht design company on a permanent basis in Southampton. Our client is a growing international company with a global network of dealers. They are seeking a candidate who has a passion for the yachting industry, to join its UK design team
The selected candidate will have the following roles and responsibilities:
* 2D drafting and 3D modelling design.
* Contribute to the project from conceptual design through to production drawings.
* Modelling GRP parts and their tooling, interior joinery and systems engineering.
* Sketching ideas, calculating load cases and checking compliance against classification rules.
* Providing the production teams with the highly detailed production drawings,.
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
* Experience in the yachting industry either as a builder designer or a sailor.
* Education in yacht design or production.
* Previous design office experience is preferable but not essential
* Experience using 3D parametric software such as NX, Solidworks or CATIA.
* Proficient in using AutoCAD.
* Attention to detail with a practical approach to problem solving.
* Good communication skills with ability to liaise with designers, suppliers and production managers
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without visa restrictions.
For more information, please contact Louise Dalton-Brown on (Apply online only) or email removed) and quote 14875. Alternatively, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions