Junior Administrative Assistant
San Jose, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Effectus Group - Expert consultants in Technical Accounting & IPO Services, Financial Operations, and M&A Services.
Solving the most complex accounting problems requires the industry's brightest accountants. We are defined by the quality of our people and we only hire the best to ensure that we consistently deliver the highest quality work. We are referred to new clients by accounting and finance executives, audit and tax partners, law firms, board members, and nearly all of our clients. We focus on delivering the highest quality accounting services to our clients as experience shows that if we first focus on making our clients successful, our own success will follow.
As a result of our strict hiring requirements for our consulting team, we only hire former accountants from the Big 4 accounting firms rated in the top 25% and we do not compromise our brand by hiring non-qualified accountants just to staff projects. Our people are our greatest asset and the primary reason that Effectus is one of the fastest growing firms in the industry.
Role - We are looking for a dedicated junior administrative assistant to provide administrative support in our fast-growing firm. If you are looking for great work-life balance, have a love for learning, enjoy working with a fun and vibrant team, and meet the key qualifications, this position may be a great fit for you. This position is based in our San Jose, CA office.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Work closely with Executive Administrative Assistant in providing administrative support to Managing Partner, Partners, Managing Directors, and Directors
- Assist partners and directors in preparing client proposals
- Support day to day needs of the firm: answer and redirect incoming calls, check mail, make bank deposits, file documents, etc.
- Greet business executives and escort them to conference room
- Coordinate firm events and activities such as holiday parties, recruiting events, conferences, internal trainings, quarterly activities, etc.
- Coordinate firm lunches
- Keep track of employee birthdays and coordinate monthly birthday celebrations
- Ensure adequate stock of office supplies and office snacks
- Perform basic IT duties such as set up laptops and workstations for new hires, order and keep inventory of computer supplies, troubleshoot any laptop issues that may arise
- Prepare conference rooms for meetings, interviews, etc.
- Assist in maintaining a clean and organized office
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Positive, proactive, and approachable personality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (will be communicating with executives)
- Strong grammar skills
- Ability and discretion to handle highly confidential information
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask
- "Can-do" attitude
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- High energy and enjoys coordinating events and activities
- Flexible in hosting firm events during non-business hours