Jr./Associate Marketing Consultant
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Sales & Marketing
APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER INCLUDING GPA
WHO WE ARE:
We are a team of marketing strategists who are passionate about brands and consumers. We advise the world's leading companies on how to unlock the growth potential of their brands. It is their success that inspires us. We strive to see the impact of our client work on consumers' behaviors through new products, innovation, and branding.
Founded in 2001 by an HBS-alum, Fletcher Knight has grown to include Fortune 500 clients, such as Kraft/Mondelez, L'Oreal, Colgate-Palmolive, Esteé Lauder and Pepsico. Our senior team comprises marketers, strategists, innovators and designers representing best-in-class companies and top tier schools. Beyond charts and decks, we bring brand strategy to life including consumer exploratory, ideation, positioning concepts, visual communication, and package design.
Our industry expertise spans food and beverage, beauty and personal care, OTC and pharmaceutical, and household care companies. Our portfolio of services includes Innovation Strategy, Brand Positioning, Consumer Insights and Design. Clients come seeking inspiration, the unexpected translation of a consumer need, a fresh lens on a growth opportunity, or the creative expression of an idea - all built from strategic, analytical and creative rigor.
WEB SITE:To learn more about the team and our work, please visit .
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR: Jr./Associate Marketing Consultant
Jr./Associate Marketing Consultants are eager to have a strategic impact on a variety of consumer brands and businesses. Jr./Associate Marketing Consultants are passionate about brands and consumers and how each influences and inspires the other. They demonstrate a high degree of consumer intuition, i.e. a keen desire to understand consumers' beliefs, attitudes and motivations, coupled with outstanding analytics and hands-on creative skills (written or visual).
Jr./Associate Marketing Consultants will help execute primary and secondary research to develop a thorough understanding of the consumer, business and market. They will (verbally and visually) synthesize and translate this consumer and market understanding into rich, inspiring consumer insights to support the ideation and concept development process.
• Conducting and distilling secondary research including market, brand, competitor and business analyses
• Assisting with the design, execution and analysis of primary qualitative research, including: profiling recruits for consumer research and writing screeners; designing discussion guides and creative stimuli; and conducting primary consumer research and client stakeholder interviews
• Helping shape ideation session objectives, design and creative solution input through: preparing visual and written stimuli for ideation workshops; and assisting with platform and concept development (visual and verbal)
Client Communications - Developing client materials and presentations
Project Administration - Managing project administration, budgets and communication
Relationship Development - Taking an active role in the client relationship and assisting in the growth of the business
Travel - as required, up to 15%
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
• Bachelor's Degree from top tier program with concentration in economics, english, psychology, sociology.
• Minimum 0-4 years experience in brand marketing at an agency, or strategy/management consultant
• Primary research experience preferred
• Consumer industry experience such as retail, food, beverage, personal care
• Understanding of marketing, brand marketing or innovation
• Demonstrated interest in consumer behavior or market research
• Exhibits advanced critical thinking, analysis and synthesis skills
• Exhibits both creative and analytical approaches to problem solving
• Superior listening, written and oral communication skills - one on one, on teams or with clients
• Advanced time management, people and team skills - able multi-tasker
• Strong Microsoft Power Point
• Second language a plus
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
• Thrives on writing as a vehicle for communication and inspiration
• Readily applies knowledge and experience to new situations - a 'quick study'
• Entrepreneurial, 'can do' spirit, and self-motivated - relishes and thrives in a smaller environment
• Flawless execution with acute attention to detail
• Driven by an innate sense of urgency, motivation and ambition to be their best
• Team player, energetic, positive and willing attitude
• Ability to take initiative and desire to learn new skills
Fletcher Knight offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including paid vacation, holidays, health insurance and more.