Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
As a Software Engineer you will develop integrated solutions, modernizing, consolidating and coordinating independently-designed applications to meet business needs. The Software engineer will have a variety of accountabilities from development, to working with brokered teams, vendors, business partners, which allows for building relationships in a team setting.
Minimum of 3 years of experience required due to job requirements.
Please provide a description of how this role fits into the organization and your team
This position is for the senior developing in our Join, Move, Leave space. This role is working with different groups to automate the processes for both employees and contractors. The primary technologies the we work with are Java, Nodejs, Restapi, along with connecting to other systems like Workday, PMG, and flowable. The majority of the work is backend work.
This positions will have architecture review and guidance to team members.
- Demonstrates technical leadership to team.
- Establishes, aggregates, and shares team standards and best practices within department.
- Utilizes working relationships across teams within their division.
- Assesses and provides solutions to system-wide architectural problems.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years professional experience required
- 3-5+ years of experience working with modern engineering tools, languages and practices.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, ownership mindset and continuous learning.
- experience developing solutions using agile methods
- Mentor for the team and department
- Advanced skillset in one or more technical platforms
- Capable of communicating between product, engineering, and the business
- Manages own time to meet objectives
- Ability to perform peer reviews on code and design
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architecture
What are the must haves for this role?
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
What are the nice to haves for this role?
- databases / sql