Dallas, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Insurance & Superannuation
Cloud Developer - New York or Dallas
My client, a Tier 1 Investment Bank is looking for a Cloud Developer to join their team based in New York or Dallas on a permanent basis.
The Group is at an early stage of modernizing their application stacks around cloud native principles, and you will be directly helping to implement and influence technology strategies that will give their business a competitive edge.
We are looking for a confident and innovate candidate who will be responsible for solving the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. The engineering team will build scalable software and systems to leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. You will be working as part of a global, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, architecting, building cutting edge tools and best practices for engineers across the Group.
- You will manage the full lifecycle of software components, from requirements through design, testing, development, release and demise.Build services to integrate on premises systems with public cloud providers and software libraries to provide consistent, secure and ready to consume patterns for application development teams using public cloud services.
- You will partner with colleagues from across technology and risk to ensure an outstanding and unobtrusive experience for development teams building and deploying their applications into public cloud environments.
What we are looking for:
- The successful candidate will ideally come from a Banking background and proficiency in designing, developing, and testing software in one or more of Java
- Solid experience with version control, continuous integration, deployment and configuration management tools
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing applications in an Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure cloud environment
- Experience with serverless platforms (AWS Lambda, Google Cloud Functions)
Please let me know if you're interested or might know a suitable person