IT Project Manager
Oasis Community Learning
salary: 41601.00 British Pound . GBP Annual
Barkingside, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
We are currently recruiting an IT Project Manager to fill a full-time position within the ICT team of Oasis Community Learning. This post will be based at our Waterloo office in Lower Marsh (regular travel required).
The role is responsible for the operational delivery of particular projects or work packages within the Oasis IT programme. You will support on the planning of new and future IT projects utilising a Prince2 based methodology and ensuring that the best business benefit and highest standard of quality is obtained within agreed budgets/timescales. The post holder will also manage some of the projects themselves, usually the ones with the most sensitivity or complexity. You will need good negotiation skills, the ability to represent Oasis to third party organisations and be able to resolve areas of potentially contentious conflict in a firm but sensitive manner.
The essential qualifications for the role are:
* Prince2 Practitioner / PMI
* Degree Educated or equivalent industry qualifications
* ITIL Foundation
The job description contains a fuller description of the requirements of the role but the successful candidate will need to:
* be responsible for negotiation with external organisations such as educational funding bodies, business leaders, contractors and suppliers to ensure clear contractual agreements within area of remit, ensuring a clear understanding of agreed IT requirement and delivery within wider plans and championing IT's requirements in terms of budgets, infrastructure, space and security
* attend project board meetings, designer group and site meetings to ensure the standard IT specification is appropriate, understood and delivered.
* feed into IT policy where appropriate and to develop and implement improvements and new ideas to the process.
* ensure that all projects are accurately documented including all technical and non-technical requirements in line with Prince2
* be conversant with MS Project and ensure all members of the team have the appropriate level of skill to manage projects using it where appropriate.
* work outdoors during building projects which also requires a degree of physical work such as unloading lorries/handballing deliveries of equipment
* work during school holidays as most project implementations will happen during school holidays. This might involve several weeks away from home at a time.
The post holder must have experience in an IT role, either as a technology specialist or team leader as well as experience writing and commenting on technical documentation, project plans, contracts and budget sheets. Experience of IT services within an Education environment is desirable but not essential.
This person must also have a pro-active approach to work and a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours which flow from the Oasis Community Learning ethos