IRRIGATION MANAGER UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (UAE)
Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Primary Industry
TITLE: IRRIGATION MANAGER UNITED ARAB EMIRATES (UAE)
INDUSTRY: Agricultural farming in UAE
LOCATION: UAE (United Arab Emirates)
SALARY: Competitive package
THE COMPANY - Ethical and dynamic organisation investing in the future of UAE Agriculture and Horticulture with an extensive development of protected cultivation crops, open field crops and hydroponic crops.
THE ROLE: As the Irrigation Manager of the organisation you will manage and monitor all irrigation activities working closely with the Farm Managers (Agronomists). You will report into the General Farm Manager of the Operation.
- Manage and monitor the irrigation activities and take the corrective action in close consultation with and on indication of the relevant agronomists.
- Supervise and verify the irrigation schedules, with special emphasis on maintaining regular pressure within the system.
- Supervise, monitor and verify the proper working of the (Treated Sewage Effluent) TSE, desalinised water mixing unit and all Head Controls
- Monitor the implementation of corrective and preventive maintenance schedule for irrigation systems.
- Supervise and ensure timely resolution of corrective maintenance requests and complaints.
- Maintain the stock of repair parts to ensure appropriate maintenance of irrigation system.
- Directs, through subordinate supervisors, construction of irrigation systems, according to type of soil, climatic characteristics, water supply and demand, return flow, and other factors affecting irrigation requirements.
- Prepare and update reports on irrigation work.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as necessary or as assigned by the Farm General Manager.
- Degree in irrigation, mechanical engineering or civil engineering
- Knowledge of design, operating and maintaining (drip) irrigation systems and irrigation computer systems
- Practical working experience of at least 8 years in a relevant field under similar circumstances
- Good communication skills
- Capable of working under pressure and responding to emergencies 24/7
- Knowledge of working in a multinational and multicultural company
- 12-18 yrs of working experience in similar projects or climate is essential
- Working knowledge of English, both spoken as well as written
- Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
GET IN CONTACT: In the first instance, please forward your CV together with a cover note and salary requirements to and all successful candidates will be contacted within 14 days of us receiving your application. Please note that all applications will be treated in confidence.