Investment Operations Senior Governance Manager
Bishopthorpe, York, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
Aviva Finance Operations is set up to drive major change into Finance; transforming finance operations to an approach where activity is delivered through true global end-to-end processes, which are efficient, standardised, well governed and industry-leading. It is driving significant cultural change into the finance function.
Investment Operations includes investment asset and credit risk reporting, as well as daily Unit Pricing. This is a critical function, delivering unit prices to customers daily, to strict time time/accuracy measures, in line with regulatory requirements and product literature. The team has embarked on a transformation journey which will fundamentally change the operating models for Unit Pricing and Investment reporting activity.
The Governance team in Investment Operations has a clear and vital role to play in ensuring that a strong and positive risk and control culture is maintained across the team. This is particularly meaningful in the context of the amount of change which will impact the team. To recognise the importance of this role, it reports directly into the Investment Operations Director, although you will work closely with the wider Investment Operations Leadership team.
What will you do in this role?
You will be providing critical leadership within Investment Operations, leading by example to challenge long-standing mindsets which prevent the team from truly accelerating our business. You will achieve this through:
* People Management - Providing strong leadership to own team (c10 FTE) and the wider team (c90 FTE), demonstrating the skills and dedication to take their team through a significant period of change. Encourage and drive the cultural change to support an accelerating team.
* Partner Management - Work with a wide range of senior stakeholders across the business, to craft processes that support customer and business propositions and deliver greater simplicity.
* Process Excellence - Lead a culture of process excellence, having no tolerance for inefficient, poorly governed or bespoke process solutions. Drive a culture that seeks out and understands industry-leading practice, uses systems thinking methodology as standard and looks to leverage technology to simplify solutions and drive control improvement.
What skills & experience do you need?
* A background in financial services, being comfortable in your knowledge of pricing operations and insurance/investment products.
* A qualified accountant with deep understanding of financial reporting.
* Senior management experience with track record of nurturing teams to build meaningful work.
* Strong ability to influence and communicate with key stakeholders across the market, with Aviva Investors and other third parties.
* Experience of driving improvements in governance and controls that match changes in both wider environment and underlying technology changes.
* Broad based business knowledge and understanding of business issues beyond own function, which contribute to business decision-making.
What will you get for this role?
* Salary between £55,000-£70,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications;
* Generous defined contribution pension scheme;
* Annual performance related bonus and pay review;
* Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days;
* Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family (some exclusions apply);
* Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme.
How to apply?
Please apply directly via our careers site - https://(url removed)/External/job/York/Investment-Operations-Senior-Governance-Manager_R-(phone number removed)