International Tax Planning Senior Analyst
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Accounting
The Senior International Tax Planning Analyst is an important role as a valued member of Rockwell's International Tax team. The projects that the individual will work on will provide the Senior International Tax Planning Analyst with an opportunity to develop a strong understanding of Rockwell's non-U.S. businesses by leveraging experience in both U.S. International and local country tax matters. This individual will engage in interactions with Corporate Finance and Business Unit colleagues while working closely with and reporting to the International Tax Planning Manager.
The primary duties of the Senior International Tax Planning Analyst will be focused on supporting the International Tax Planning Manager with tax planning initiatives as well as U.S. and local country tax audit related support on tax planning matters. The successful individual will work closely with the International Tax Planning Manager on planning projects related to U.S. International Tax Reform, local country tax planning, repatriation of non-U.S. cash, acquisitions/divestitures and planning for potential changes to the business.
On a secondary basis, the Senior International Tax Planning Analyst will provide support to other members of the International Tax team on areas such as those related to tax provision, compliance and transfer pricing issues on an as needed basis. In this role, the Senior International Tax Analyst will report on a matrix basis to the International Tax Manager and the Transfer Pricing Manager. Other projects may involve direct engagement with the International Tax Director.
In addition, the Senior International Tax Planning Analyst will have primary responsibility for coordinating the completion of various Canadian tax filings and will work together with the accounting team and the Tax Director in this function.
- Support International Tax Planning Manager with international tax planning initiatives through technical analysis and modeling of the tax implications. The analysis will require the review of significant tax attributes of the applicable non-U.S. legal entities including E&P/taxes, valuations, tax basis and other data points.
- Assist with responses related to U.S. international tax and non-U.S. audits.
- Proactively monitor current and proposed tax law changes to determine global impact to the organization.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form with U.S. and Non-U.S. Corporate Finance colleagues.
- Support the preparation of international tax compliance and provisions as needed.
- Support the Transfer Pricing Manager and Senior Transfer Pricing Analyst as needed.
- Coordinate the completion of various Canadian tax filings under the guidance of the Tax Director.
EOE, M/F/Disabled Vet
- BS or BA in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of Big Four and/or large corporate income tax experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Planning, tax research, analytical and communication skills.
- Effective project management and organizational abilities.
- Past experience with review of U.S. international tax compliance and international tax provisions.
- Experience with CorpTax tax compliance software, Hyperion HFM and Sharepoint is a plus.
No. of Positions:
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley(R) and Rockwell Software(R) product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth - and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at (see application details).
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.