Insurance Sales Agent/Agent Trainee - $17 per hour
Direct Auto Insurance
salary: 17.00 US Dollar . USD Hourly
Longview, Washington, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Insurance & Superannuation
$17 Per Hour!!
Provide the opportunity for motivated individuals to obtain industry experience working in a sales and customer support role while preparing and training to become a Licensed Insurance Sales Agent. Paid classroom and hands-on training is provided to assist trainees in the active pursuit of State Property/Casualty and Life and Health Licenses. Individual will assist customers, complete marketing activities and help with all office functions under direct guidance of an Agent or Lead Sales Agent.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Prepare to become a licensed agent through attending appropriate courses, self-study, participation in training activities and job shadowing of agents to learn skills and accumulate experience
- Provide general clerical and administrative support to staff including handling inbound and outbound phone calls, reports, filing, researching and gathering information, and maintaining overall appearance of sales office
- Assist customers with general questions, receive customer payments, issue receipts and verify balance/daily reports of receipts for cash drawers
- Complete marketing and sales related activities which further the National General brand in the local market (outbound marketing calls, car dealerships visits, local events, distribution of flyers, etc)
- Contact customers regarding account status and renewals
- Prepare and send information to customers and lien holders
- Read and remain current on company guidelines, announcements, memos and bulletins related to company policy and procedure
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Prior customer service or sales experience
- Previous successful experience working in a position with sales quotas/targets preferred
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and develop and maintain customer relationships
- Friendly, outgoing, and positive personality
- Highly motivated to market and sell in multi-product environment where cross selling and customer retention is essential to sales budget attainment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including written, verbal and presentation delivery with ability to clearly communicate the features and benefits of products to customers
- Experience or strong willingness to develop key relationships and market our products within community organizations and the local business community
- Strong computer skills and aptitude to quickly learn new systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- High level of initiative, drive and desire/openness to learn new skills and information
- Must have current valid US state driver's license and consistent access to a personal vehicle which can be utilized to complete business marketing activities in the local community
- Insurance industry experience