Inspector - Goods In
Zeals, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
My client is a small company with 5 assembly engineers, 3 design engineers and a further 10 associated staff including sales, project management, stores, purchasing and finance.
They require a Goods Incoming Inspector to work with their Purchasing/Stores Team to inspect the Good coming in to their facility and inspecting and checking they match their technical drawings and specification.
The equipment will be a mixture of machined parts and optical components. It is vital that the applicant has an exceptional eye for detail.
The ability to be able to read technical drawings and understand complicated and detailed international specifications is crucial.
Experience in inspection is important but not critical but they would need some evidence of natural ability or experience in a similar role.
Working knowledge within a manufacturing/assembly environment.
Candidates with practical experience but no formal qualifications will be considered
Recent graduates with little experience will be considered.
* To read and understand all build manuals, drawings, specifications, company policies and procedures in relation to any task set.
* To gather, set up and operate all equipment and machinery as per specifications or instructions included within the build manual, in a safe and controlled manner, reporting damage or breakages.
* To complete assigned work and associated paperwork correctly and efficiently, within time set, following build manuals and using best practice where ambiguity lies.
* To perform regular inspections and testing in accordance with company procedures, including the cross checking of colleagues work.
* To contribute to the continued improvement of procedures, practices and operations within the business, raising concerns and issues immediately with the most appropriate person, in the most appropriate way, offering suggestions and possible remedial actions.
* To support the design team in the manufacture of first offs, communicating any suggestions that may benefit, improve or contribute to the build manual, drawing or general design, in order to help drive efficiency.
* To ensure entire working environment is kept clean, tidy and safe.
* To ensure work space, operations and builds are in accordance with ISO 9001:2015.
* To attend mandatory training sessions and train others when necessary.
* To support colleagues across all departments where skills or experience may be lacking.
* To contribute to a positive working environment both in the production area and rest of business.
* The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
* Care and diligence in all that they do.
* Empathy with customers and suppliers, absorbing work and time pressures and being mindful that not everyone understands the technology that Consolite produces.
* Ensuring security and confidentiality both inside and outside the workplace.
* Being innovative and creative, contributing to the overall success of the business through new design and cost effective solutions.
* Continuous Improvement, offering ideas and solutions for improving efficiency, motivation, cost savings or safety in the workplace.
* Transparency and honesty, ensuring we are being open with colleagues, suppliers and customers at all times, communicating when tasks are not going to be met and offering solutions and seeing mistakes as opportunities to grow and develop.
* Plain Speaking, able to adapt communication to any given audience, whether it be via phone, email or face-to-face.
* Operate safely, at all times, sharing responsibility of the protection of ourselves and others.
* Demonstrate quality in all tasks, operating under the ISO9001:2015 Quality Management System.
* Salary negotiable for the right person with the right experience.
* 37.5 Hours per week with flexi-time available
* Overtime available
* 28 Days Holiday per year + Bank Holidays