Inside Sales - Texas
Plano, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Sales & Marketing
Regional Sales Executive
The Distinguished name carries cache and excitement in the insurance market. We are building something special. We need builders, hunters, thinkers to join us. High energy. A Sense of humor. In the last 5 years, we have doubled in size. This is one of the reasons why we constantly make the Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Companies. In the next 5 years, we'd like to do the same again.
To drive success, we must think about our business differently and be differentiated, not only in what we sell but how we sell and to whom we sell. We are constantly tweaking our playbook.
We are very focused and passionate about selling small niche focused insurance accounts (Programs). In whatever we do, we challenge ourselves to obtain the best return on investment
We are building the best in class, national insurance program manager. With more than 70,000 policyholders and nearly $250 million of written premium, we are robustly growing. The company's current distribution channel consists of more than 4,000 independent brokers & agents across the United States. Distinguished uses both a field and inside sales teams to reach, manage, and grow these broker relationships. Regional Sales Executives and their counterparts in Inside Sales are primarily responsible for generating business from existing agents and brokers, in addition to sourcing and acquiring new producing brokers. Beyond the Regional Sales Executives, Underwriters and Customer care center associates interact with brokers & agents to work on existing business opportunities.
Inside Sales have annual production goals to meet these goals include both an activity goal and a new business goal expected for the year. In addition, a heavy emphasis is placed on opening new brokerages and building relationships with brokers who have either not worked with Distinguished or have worked with Distinguished on a very limited basis. Monthly bonuses in place center on developing these relationships.
Inside Sales are expected to build communities of customers by providing more than just an insurance policy. They must learn all about their territory and develop a strategic approach to changing the traditional game of insurance sales. Yes, we write insurance, but we are in a new age of the entire sales/buying process. Figuring out how to help our customers, provide an excellent customer experience and solve problems along the way is how we approach sales at Distinguished. In the Express division, we receive over 60,000 submissions a year. Sales is not about an individual policy but ramping up the flow. Sales executives make anywhere from 30-50 calls/day cold calling trying to find the gems that need Distinguished products for their customer base. Sales Executives work a particular territory and some travel is required.
- Work from pre-established individual production goals, track production for territory and broker statistics and hit activity goals every week.
- Acknowledge, qualify and develop leads sourced from marketing campaigns and strategic prospecting
- Strategically orchestrate resources both internally and externally throughout the sales process to close business
- Have a minimum of 40 viable telephone conversations a week with leads and accounts by making between 30-50 calls/day.
- Face-to-face customer/prospect meetings are dependent on the strategy being developed for products and communities. Work together with underwriters to maintain excellent client relationships and call on brokers who can impact our results.
- Accurately capture and report all data on brokers within Salesforce.com, including managing an accurate and up-to-date pipeline and forecasts.
- 2+ years previous direct sales experience
- Tele prospecting background preferred
- 2+ years insurance industry experience desirable
- Bachelor's degree required
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Experience in positions where selling/negotiation was important
- Early success in Key Development (KD) jobs preferred
- Command experience preferred
- Background or knowledge in business or finance desired
- Honorable discharge
- Marketing Operations
- Program Management
- Customer Engagement
- Specialty Sales