Inside Plant Technician - III (v2)
Fort Irwin, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Manufacturing Operations
Location: Fort Irwin, CA
KaiHonua, LLC has an immediate opening for an Inside Plant Technician-Senior. The Inside Plant Technician is responsible for all administrative functions, O&M functions, and routines required for telephone switching equipment (TDM and VoIP), voice mail, Telephone Management System (TMS), and ancillary equipment installed within the Dial Central Office (DCO). The Inside Plant Technician shall provide technical support to customer telephone requirements as identified by installation work orders (Remedy generated). Inside Plant Technician shall correct and clear all trouble/service calls and includes: all communication lines, trunking, cabling and switching systems contained in the Dial Central Office (DCO) from point of entry through the Main Distribution Frame (MDF). The Contractor shall perform diagnostics and restoration of all switches. The Contractor shall operate, maintain, and repair all equipment installed within the DCO, which includes bridges, power rectifiers, battery backup systems, multiplexers, fiber optic multiplexers etc. as identified in installation work orders. Work performed satisfies the Army's standards and meets customer expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
* Proficient in all administrative and O&M functions of the Nortel SL-100 and or Avaya CS-2100 Switching Platforms
* Proficient in emergency recovery procedures for CS-2100/SL-100
* Proficient in performing administrative functions in a dual or mixed telephony environment (TDM and VoIP)
* Proficient with IP Voicemail systems i.e. Cisco Unity Connection (CUC)
* Proficient with CAIRS (Telephone Management Systems)
* Locates trouble in single-line and multi-line telephone installations; repairs or replaces faults.
* Checks loops and records proper readings as required by the company maintenance plan; localizes line trouble, and changes cable pairs if required.
* Installs and maintains carrier systems.
* Assists central office in the installation and maintenance of data equipment, modems and four-wire circuits.
* Repairs trouble in cable plant, drop wire, station wiring and telephones.
* Coordinates with repair, and other departments on service installations and changes to update billing and plant records.
* Maintains and repairs existing equipment by using test sets to locate line trouble.
* Installs repairs and maintains DSL lines and modems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
* Minimum 2-year professional/technical college degree or equivalent - may be waived with experience but will NOT substitute education for experience
* 5 years of verifiable experience with the following NORTEL/Avaya Network systems Operations and Maintenance Certified:
o CS2100 (Software Version SE09 or greater)
o SL-100 (SNSE or SuperNode)
* 3 years Voice over IP (VoIP) experience Cisco centric
o Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) version 8.6 or greater
o Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) version 9.x or greater
* Must have CISCO IT or Nortel Telephony certificate
* Proficient with basic computer systems including email and Microsoft Office applications and be able to work with a computer for extended periods of time
* Must possess and maintain an IT-I level certification IAW AR 25-2 and an IAT II certifications IAW DoD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M- 0002
*COMP TIA Security + CE
*Nortel UC or Cisco IP Telephony Certified
* Knowledge of basic electronics, specification sheets, and circuit diagrams
* Knowledge of telecommunications plant equipment operations and maintenance
* Knowledge of telecommunications industry and digital switching technology
* Ability to evaluate, test, and repair sophisticated equipment
* Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand
* Ability to effectively function as a team player
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weigh up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary.
- Must have valid driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Occasional use of company vehicle while on work site
Position requires am active DoD Secret security clearance
KaiHonua LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
KaiHonua LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.