Login Consulting Services, Inc
Irvine, California, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
A leading Automotive Finance company, is seeking an Infrastructure Consultant for a 3+ month contract role.
Develop and maintain the overall Hardware architecture strategy, standards and plan. Work closely with project teams to identify hardware requirements, work with Infrastructure planning and architecture, manage the infrastructure project in-take process, develop detailed specifications and coordinate procurement with vendors and purchasing.
Essential Job Function
Duties and Responsibilities % of Time
1. Lead the development and maintenance of the overall hardware & software strategy, standards and plan, including coordination (where appropriate for global projects) with affiliates 35%
2. Work with cross company project teams to identify HW & SW requirements, develop specific configurations that meet requirements, and ensure alignment with standards 25%
3. Maintain awareness of current trends and innovations in the overall IT industry, allowing the incumbent to also make recommendations on future architecture improvements and features 20%
4. Assist on the creation, enhancement and maintenance of global strategies with HCS 10%
5. All other duties as assigned 10%
Knowledge and Skills
* Strong knowledge of HW & SW vendors and product offerings, including servers, storage and networking. Able to translate this knowledge into detailed specifications that meet requirements of individual projects.
* Strong background in the development, maintenance and revision of HW & SW standards
* Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills, able to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical peers and management staff
* Strong interpersonal skills, able to build consensus and work closely with multiple staff members
* While not mandatory, fluency in Korean a strong plus
* Strong skills in Microsoft Office
Education and Experience
* A total of 10+ years in Information Technology, with 5+ in a leadership role in Hardware & Software Strategy.
* Experience with Global Technology planning with an Asian (Korean preferred) company is very desirable..