Information Technology Engineer
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Saint Louis,Missouri,United States
The Infrastructure team in the Virtual Warfare Center (VWC) has a need for an additional Information Technology Engineer interested in working difficult problems at the front end of the business.
- The IT Engineer will be involved with IT systems design, support, architecture, and maintenance on a variety of delivery systems;
- Our infrastructure team is responsible for the planning, budget, project management, installation, support, and operations of our world class modeling and simulation facilities which are located across the United States;
- Customer focus is primary in this fast paced environment, along with the willingness to support a wide range of technologies.
This position requires that you work out of St. Louis, Missouri. You must currently reside in the St. Louis, Missouri area (where relocating would not be required) or be willing to relocate at your own expense.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5 (five) or more years of experience providing high level Windows system administration of both desktops and servers;
- Experience with or willingness to learn and support many different technologies;
- Ability to quickly obtain security certifications such as Security+ or equivalent IAT Level 2 certifications per DoD Instruction 8570 (8140);
- Current and active Top Secret security clearance with an SSBI required. Applicant must include current security clearance level and investigation date clearly on resume.
- Experience providing system administration of RedHat 6.x and 7.x;
- Experience with install/setup/maintenance of NetApp RAID Arrays;
- Windows Server/Workstation administration in a domain environment
- Experience executing DoD STIGs for operating systems (Windows 7, Windows Server 2008/2012);
- Installation, setup, and support of large scale Audio/Visual systems.
Bachelor's and 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
United States; The Boeing Company