Information Technology Auditor
Walton, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
Internal Audit IT is a highly specialized team within WPP, with resources based in EMEA, NA, and APAC. We are part of the Internal Audit Department reporting to the Director of Internal Audit. We are looking for an audit professional for this role who has a background in Systems /IT Auditing. Reporting to the Head of IT Internal Audit, you will perform reviews of operating units. The position will participate in the assessment of the internal controls as they relate primarily to the Systems/IT infrastructure, in accordance with the operating and corporate entities' frameworks and company's policies, namely General Computing Controls (GCCs).
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Plan and perform internal audits at offices throughout the region, based on the parent entity's 'GCC' framework. This should include: reviews of completeness and adequacy of required control procedures and operations, and provide recommendations and conclusions.
- Report findings and provide recommendations on control weaknesses to the Head of Internal Audit IT, local and regional management.
- Work with audited units to remediate issues found
- Liaise with the entity's regional technology directors and local office IT management to review, co-ordinate and respond to requests by external companies to perform security audits on company's systems.
- Perform additional ad hoc IT reviews as required
Your Professional Skills and Experience
- At least 5-7 years experience, likely in a Big4 environment, but may now be working in industry
- Experience with risk assessment, audit planning and systems development review, application, package implementation, operational and/or platform review, information systems audit, penetration studies and/or systems vulnerability assessment, and telecommunications, client/server, data processing audit or systems integration.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business (emphasis on IT and/or accounting) would be an asset.
- Audit, security, or accounting related certifications would be an asset
- Current knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley legislation, COSO framework and ITIL
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve results by working independently
- English required - knowledge of Spanish or Portuguese languages a +
- Due to managed remote working and travel restrictions, this role will be working remotely, but when we return safely to travel, the role will consist of approx. 60% travel.