Inbound Mortgage Customer Service Specialist
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer Banking is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers, in addition to operating one of the most extensive banking franchises in the country. We serve mass market, affluent, and small business customers; as well as provide home and personal lending. Our focus is on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance coupled with providing the products and services that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Wells Fargo is looking to hire an Inbound Sales Specialist in our National Contact Center located in Tempe, Arizona. Our Inbound Mortgage Customer Service Specialists focus on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers through financial advice and guidance, coupled with providing the products and services, that will help them realize their financial hopes and dreams through home ownership. We've built our team of top professionals by rewarding their accomplishments and ensuring they have what's needed to succeed.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Assessing customer needs through financial consultation.
• Providing customer service with the objective of providing first call resolution and recommending products and services based on customer's needs.
• Handling situations which require deviation from standard scripts and screens.
• Completing necessary system navigation and call tracking.
• Developing and maintaining knowledge of a variety of financial products and services.
• Handling all calls with the intent of providing customer satisfaction and retention.
• This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results. Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
• Sales Center hours of operation are M-F 10:30am to 7pm CST Saturday 8am to 4:30pm CST and Sunday 10am - 6pm CST. Must be available to work early evenings, Saturdays and Sundays.
- 6+ months of experience offering products and services to customers based on their needs demonstrated through work or military experience
- Ability to effectively listen and elicit information
- Experience addressing and resolving complex customer issues
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Basic knowledge and understanding of banking products and services
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to find information
- Ability to troubleshoot common computer problems
- Ability to address and resolve complex customer issues
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site ( ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
AZ-Tempe: 1150 W Washington St - Tempe, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.