IMD, PWM, Markets Coverage Group, Wealth Management Professional, Vice
Goldman Sachs USA
New York, New York, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Banking & Financial Services
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB PWM
Goldman Sachs Private Wealth Management (PWM) specializes in creating comprehensive wealth management plans for high net worth individuals and families, as well as select institutions, including foundations and endowments. PWM Teams work one-on-one with clients to advise and deliver customized strategies drawn from our deep investment experience, diverse wealth management capabilities and global reach. Our Private Wealth Advisors (PWAs) deliver an unparalleled investment platform inclusive of the full product and service offerings of Goldman Sachs and beyond, which may include tax and estate planning, philanthropic planning and private banking and lending services. As client needs evolve, this close relationship allows the team to offer complementary services and new opportunities by leveraging the resources of Goldman Sachs and beyond.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Our Wealth Management Professionals support all aspects of our client coverage business from an operational and account management standpoint. The team is seeking a professional who has the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, strong communication skills, and client service are essential to maintaining and enhancing the ongoing operational aspects of the Markets Coverage Group business.
The Markets Coverage Group (MCG) is part of Private Wealth Management within Goldman Sachs. MCG is a cross asset sales and trading desk for ultra-high-net worth individuals, family offices, investment advisors and select hedge funds that require institutional brokerage services, including actionable investment idea generation and best-in-class execution.
A Wealth Management Professional (WMP) for MCG supports the team in a client service manner and serves as a key liaison involving extensive interaction with internal and external parties to ensure effective oversight. WMPs provide accurate and timely client account information in order to meet all ongoing operational needs for the business. A WMP has primary responsibility for all aspects of cash management, client reporting, trade processing and settlement, and serves as the single point of contact for all operations related client inquiries. These functions cover a wide array of clients and a complex product range, which include equities, fixed income, currency and derivatives. MCG WMPs focus on best in-class client experience and work closely with the business to maintain and enhance client relationships.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Work collaboratively with other WMPs to serve as primary support for MCG's operational needs
• Process client requests including asset transfers and account inquiries
• Manage ad hoc request from clients and team, and see through until completion
• Process and reconcile trades on a daily basis, including booking and trade settlement
• Manage cash balances, margin calls and private banking services for client accounts
• Manage all administrative aspects of client onboarding process
• Serve as key liaison to other areas of the firm that support PWM, such as Operations and Compliance
• Participate in group projects and work to improve quality and efficiency within the client coverage team
• Support senior sales members in managing client relationships
• Actively monitor voluntary corporate action notifications and solicit timely responses from clients
WHERE WILL YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
Provide high-touch client coverage for private brokerage clients and family offices predominantly based in the Americas.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
• Ability to multi-task
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Team Player
• Knowledge of Windows applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Series 7 and 66 required (to be obtained within first three months)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.
IMD, PWM, Markets Coverage Group, Wealth Management Professional, Vice President