Please scroll down, To apply
ICS IT Administrator/Support
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
The ICS Administrator plans, organizes, and performs maintenance for the IT infrastructure serving our industrial control systems (ICS) environment.
- Providing administration and security for Routers, Switches, Domain Controllers, Virtual Infrastructure, Patch Management and Service Pack deployment, System Backup and Recovery Management to the ICS.
- Active Directory account, group and group policy management.
- Responsible for IT ICS topology and architecture design, specification, configuration, testing, start-up, and system support.
- Acting as the Gate-Keeper of the ICS.
- Acting as the owner of the site ICS Security Policy.
- Reviewing, testing and deploying migrations to the ICS Operating Systems.
- Auditing and enforcing Firewall, Router, and Switch configurations in support of Data flow to the Corporate network, DMZ network and among the ICS communities.
- Managing Virus and Service Pack definitions.
- Providing single point of contact with IT to site.
- Providing design, development support, and startup assistance on automation projects.
- Providing technical support and detailed documentation of ICS topology and architecture.
- Working closely with Operations Department to ensure reliability of process operation and control through daily monitoring of systems performance.
- Keeps up with new industry technology and standards.
Required and Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Intermediate level, typically 5-7 years of experience.
- Requires a broader, general understanding of various IT disciplines.
- Experience with Cisco and Hirschmann network equipment is preferred.
- Experience with VMWare (vCenter, ESXi, vSAN) infrastructure is preferred.
- Powershell scripting knowledge would be an asset.
- Solarwinds experience is a plus
- Identifies problems and develops potential solutions.
- Makes decisions within well-defined parameters.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.