Derby, Derby, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Construction
We are currently recruiting for an I-Joist Designer to join one of the UK's leading, family owned, timber engineering companies. Reporting to the General Manager, the successful Designer will be working for the branch based near to Derby - remote working is a possibility although it is expected that the successful candidate will be able to get to the offices at least twice a week. Experience of using Metsawood Design software will be essential for the role.
I-Joist Designer Position Overview
* Review architectural plans to produce detailed, accurate drawings, designs and quotations
* Liaise with architects, customers and other contractors to ensure a smooth delivery of the final product within tight timescales
* Communicate with the production team to ensure they are provided with the relevant information for manufacturing.
I-Joist Designer Position Requirements
* Prior experience in timber joist design
* 2 years' experience using Metsawood Design software (MiTek, Wolf Gangnail, Alpine experience will be considered)
* Strong on detail and accuracy with excellent communication and project management skills, ideally with customers such as housebuilders, building contractors etc.
* HNC in Architectural Technology or Civil/Structural Engineering beneficial
* Good Maths, Graphic Communication and English skills
I-Joist Designer Position Remuneration
* Competitive salary (DOE)
* Profit related bonuses
* Remote working possible
* Company benefits to be discussed at interview
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment