Superior, Wisconsin, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
The limited-term would be to teach students in HVAC from January 16 to May 15, 2020. WITC Instructors teach in a discipline area in which they have specific training and competence. Instructors are expected to foster learner success, assess learner achievement, and continually improve learning opportunities. Instructors teach in a variety of learning environments including face-to-face, online, web-conferencing, and hybrid classrooms. Instructors are expected to continually improve the overall quality and delivery of learning, including the support of the program and collegewide initiatives.
- EPA certification and at least 3 years of field experience.
- Meet applicable requirements established by the higher learning commission and federal and state licensing requirements prior to the date of appointment.
- A minimum of 2 years (4,000 hours) of occupational experience in the instructional area for the program or programs being taught of which at least 1 year (2,000 hours) shall be within 5 years prior to the date of appointment.
- One year (2,000 hours) of related occupational experience may be waived if the occupational instructor has at least 2 years of post−secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within 5 years prior to the date of appointment. Two years of post−secondary teaching experience is equivalent to 8 semesters of part−time teaching or 4 semesters of full−time teaching at an accredited post−secondary degree granting institution.
- Ability to learn and use new technology to enhance teaching and learning.
- Ability to work non-standard hours including evening and weekend hours.
- Willing to teach in a variety of learning environments including face-to-face, online, web-conferencing, and hybrid classrooms.
- Ability to obtain driver's license and insurance coverage in accordance with College policy.
- Previous teaching experience
- FY20 Faculty Wage Range Table - Credit Adjunct Faculty (Adjunct)
- FQAS Completion = $49.00/hour
- FQAS Non-Completion = $44.00/hour
WITC is an Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer and Educator TTY 711