GSL Education - London
salary: 180.00 British Pound . GBP Daily
Lewisham, Greater London, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Education
Role: Humanities Teacher
Salary: £140-£180 per day
Start Date: ASAP
GSL Education are currently looking for a qualified Humanities Teacher to join a high achieving secondary school graded 'GOOD' by Ofsted. This will be a permanent post, starting ASAP.
The role is for a mixed secondary school located in Lewisham. They are committed to providing the highest quality of learning and teaching opportunities for students, as well as excellent continuous professional development programmes for all staff. With the right provision of resources, the school encourages its staff to help, inspire and challenge each and every student throughout their time at the school no matter their academic ability.
The school is looking for someone who can plan and teach Humanities lessons to students of KS3 & KS4, that follow the agreed departmental schemes of work and teaching guidelines.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a qualified Humanities Teacher (ideally with PGCE, GTP, B'ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS).
- Demonstrate recent experience as a Humanities Teacher.
- Be able to teach Humanities up to KS4.
- Be proven to raise and maintain attainment levels, keeping standards high.
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with excellent behaviour management strategies.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist in our client Schools.
We welcome applications from all interested candidates, who feel that they can add value to this school and can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant, Jamie, as soon as possible