Human Resources Generalist
Mansfield, Texas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: HR / Recruitment
Address: 501 Easy Drive
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Human Resources Generalist to be located in our Mansfield, TX Facility.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the successful management of personnel practices and policies. This position is responsible for policy interpretation and administration, employee relations, training, compensation, benefits, and other duties as necessary to ensure maximum effectiveness of the Human Resources function.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Provide direction and guidance to other staff on Human Resource activities, to include: employee relations, employee activities, attendance, disability, records management and policy and procedures.
2. Manage the on-boarding process for all local hires, including reviewing and approving background checks, collecting documentation, conducting new employee orientation presentations, I-9 compliance, new employee announcements, and ensuring all new employees complete key training & policy acknowledgments.
3. Oversee processing of payroll for the facility, including auditing the payroll records and answering and processing payroll inquiries such as court ordered child support deductions and garnishments.
4. Identify training and development needs and assist in the delivery and implementation of programs to meet the needs of the plant.
5. Handle all phases of benefit enrollment and administration and provide assistance to employees with benefit issues and questions.
6. Manage leave of absences for employees including interfacing with third party vendor to administer Short-Term Disability (STD), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and Workers' Compensation, and oversee Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other unpaid leaves.
7. Review, guide, and administer employee disciplinary actions and involuntary termination procedures.
8. Conduct investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
9. Conduct interviews with recruiting team to hire qualified individuals in open positions.
10. Coordinate all workers' compensation and unemployment claims processing and interface with third party administrators, outside legal counsel and respective state agencies, and maintain OSHA and Workers' Compensation (WC) files and logs.
11. Ensure personnel records are maintained; maintain Human Resource Information System (ADP) in compliance with Company policy and government agencies and ensure system of record is up-to-date.
12. Conduct safety and environmental training to meet Company safety goals.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified candidates will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field and three (3) years related experience. Experience working in a Manufacturing environment is preferred.
Must possess strong communication and organizational skills.
Must possess strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office. Experience with ADP Workforce Now, Kronos, and Halogen is preferred.
Ability to learn quickly and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Ability to handle a high degree of confidential and sensitive information and the ability to work with all levels within the organization.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.