Human Resources Director
Berryville, Arkansas, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Retail & Consumer Products
HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Our Company - Kerusso is a Greek word meaning "To herald divine truth as a public crier." For over 30 years, Kerusso has been proclaiming the Good News to the world through apparel & accessories. As one of the original pioneers of "T-Shirt Evangelism", Kerusso sets the standard. 7-time member of INC. 5000's list of fastest growing privately held companies in America and world leading producer of Christian themed T-Shirts.
Working at Kerusso: "One Team One Mission" - At Kerusso we're passionate about our work and are driven by our purpose: Proclaiming the Good News to the World through products about Jesus. Our Team Motto is: "One Team, One Mission!" Each and every day we work together as one to achieve that shared mission. Our culture is equal parts casual, candid, and driven. We're serious about delivering results for our customers, our company, and our Team, while at the same time enjoying what we do.
Location -This role is office-based in our Berryville, Arkansas headquarters (not available for tele-commuting).
· Excellent compensation and benefits package
· Generous vacation and paid holidays
· Medical, dental, life, and vision plans
· Matching 401(k) plan
· Flex spending Cafeteria plan
· Bonus opportunity
Reports to: Founder & CEO
The Human Resources Director is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with leadership and the Personnel Management firm supporting the entire organization and its business objectives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: culture advocacy, strategic planning, leadership advisor, compensation, HRIS administration, benefits administration, employee relations, analytics/metrics, training, performance management, talent management, on-boarding, policy implementation, employment law compliance and safety.
The successful HR Director acts as a Mission champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and makes plans and executes upon them.
The workload is a mixture of transformational and transactional responsibilities.
1. Develops HR strategies, policies, programs and initiatives that will result in compliance and optimal business outcomes, as well as, enhancing the current high-performance, mission-driven workplace culture.
2. Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems throughout the company.
3. Plays lead role in administering the compensation program; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary.
4. Performs benefits administration, including claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communicating benefits information to employees.
5. Develops and maintains the affirmative action program in conjunction with the Personnel Management firm; files EEO-1 report and EEO component 2 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations.
6. Conducts recruitment and hiring effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel; conducts new-employee on-boarding and record-keeping.
7. Assists with employee relations counseling, outplacement counseling and exit interviewing.
8. Maintains company organization charts.
9. Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database. May export data to the Personnel Management firm for analysis and metrics.
10. Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment and benefits laws and regulations in conjunction with the Personnel Management firm.
11. Plays key role as advisor/coach in employee relations and advocacy while maintaining corporate balance. This includes disciplinary action and investigations on complex matters.
12. Maintains knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks/liabilities and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the Personnel Management firm for compliance assistance as needed.
13. Facilitates policies and programs to ensure team member and facility safety, welfare, support and security.
14. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of both individual and executive-level training programs to ensure success. May research, prepare and present training or recommend outsourced options.
15. Prepares and posts OSHA safety logs in accordance with OSHA regulations.
16. Conducts management and non-management training such as Supervisor 101, harassment and discrimination, workplace harmony and/or other topics approved by leadership.
1. Business Acumen
3. Ethical Practice
4. Mission Cultural Awareness
5. HR Knowledge
6. Relationship Management
8. Problem Solving/Creativity
9. Team Building
10. Microsoft Office Suite
11. Customer Service
Preferred & Required Education, Experience or Mindset
1. Passion for Kerusso Mission statement and ability to lead prayer and devotions as needed
2. Minimum of 7 years of progressive HR experience
3. Proficient knowledge of current HR practices, disciplines and employment law
4. Excellent organizational skills with ability to switch gears as workload demands
5. Results-driven hands-on mentality
6. Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, presentation skills and project management capability
7. Bachelor's degree in human resources or field of business acumen
8. Active professional HR certification from accredited HR organization (i.e. PHR, SHRM-CP) preferred
9. Strong proficiency in MS Office Suite software (i.e. Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
10. Strong proficiency in HRM software systems
This position will oversee an HR Assistant or other team members.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones. The noise level is low.
This position requires the following physical abilities: walk, stand for periods of time, stoop, bend, sit for extended periods of time, clearly speak, hear, type and lift to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional weekend or shift work as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.