Human Resources Business Partner
Zionsville, Indiana, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: HR / Recruitment
dormakaba is hiring a Human Resources Business Partner for its service organization based in Indianapolis, IN. The Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for successfully aligning HR goals to the goals of the business. The HRBP will be tasked with supporting the attraction, retention, development, and management of talent within the Service business units for dormakaba. In addition, the HRBP will act as a liaison with employees and will consult with Service Leadership on human resource-related topics. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent.
- Successfully align HR goals to that of the Service business
- Plays a key role in setting the new standard for HR and helping to reshape, drive and establish the HR model and culture moving forward
- Works side-by-side with business leaders driving Organizational Effectiveness, drawing upon extensive business and HR acumen to provide advice and counsel as a partner to the business leaders
- Partner successfully with the HR Shared Service Team, Payroll, and Centers of Excellence
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigation
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develop and apply effective HR process workflows locally that result in acceptable customer satisfaction and continuous improvement within the HR department. Processes should be efficient, sustainable, scalable, and aligned to the Segment where possible to allow for consistency, and data visibility.
- Lead local management teams in utilizing the right processes, aligned with HR Strategy for performance management, training, engagement, hiring and selection, employee/organizational development, compensation, promotions, organizational changes, corrective actions, and terminations.
- Manage the delivery of HR services to employees and ensure a high degree of employee satisfaction with overall service delivery.
- Manage and support the local implementation and adoption of HRIS Systems and processes. (SAP, ADP, Employee Central Suite, LMS, Perform & Grow).
- Lead and facilitate the local communication process in partnership with the local leadership team.
- Demonstrates and promotes accountability to influence the highest degree of ethics by being a steward of workplace culture and values
- Maintains discretion, confidentiality, and a sense of urgency
- Knowledge of employment/labor law
- Conducts and drives workplace investigations in a detailed and impartial manner
- Builds positive working relationships and promotes a constructive culture
- Uses strong communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Effectively listens and creates channels for open communication
- Facilitates conflict resolutions meetings while often acting as a mediator between employees
- Guides HR process improvements and executes new HR best practices
- Influences and strategizes with leadership to design organizational goals
- Implements global initiatives, programs, and policies while appropriately tailoring to local needs.
- Recognizes stakeholder needs, qualifies them, and brings them forward to HR leaders for resolution if additional support is required
- Bachelor's degree required
- 5-7 years of previous experience as a Human Resources Business Partner
- HR professional certifications such as: PHR, SHRM CP, SPHR, or SHRM-SCP preferred
- HRIS (ADP Workforce Now) Transaction or SAP Success Factors experience preferred
- Through knowledge of HRIS systems as well as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) proficiency
- Change management experience required
- Must be able to manipulate a computer keyboard
- Must have the ability to reach with hands and arms
- Must be able to verbally communicate via telephone
- Must have good vision with the ability to adjust to focus and use close vision
- Must have the ability to lift up to 20 pounds
dormakaba is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes through this site or directly to managers. dormakaba does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company absent a signed agreement with an approved Talent Acquisition dormakaba representative.