Human Resource Coordinator
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: HR / Recruitment
This position is responsible for aligning business objectives with team members and management in designated business unit while being directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of human resource (HR) functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs office reception duties including greeting visitors and team members, answers telephone, and monitors the flow of traffic within the office.
- Works with management on recruitment, background processing, and onboarding processes for new hires.
- Prepares and/or audits team member forms to be processed and filed.
- Creates updates and maintains employment and other employment required files.
- Completes E-Verify for all new hires.
- Tracks and files acknowledgment forms, performance reviews, training and/or certification completion documents and other related HR paperwork.
- Schedules and conducts new hire orientation.
- Assists with gathering information and drafts correspondence in response to unemployment claims.
- Assists with and/or performs Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) tasks including but not limited to meets with team members, provides information and related forms, mail letters, updates the FMLA log and checklists, and follows up as needed.
- Assists with Workers Compensation (WC) tasks including but not limited to reviews initial paperwork, meets with the team member and security team, if applicable, and makes WC files.
- Assists with and/or performs various audits of HR required paperwork and files.
- Tracks and provides company recognition cards.
- Communicates and participates in company programs.
- Maintains confidentiality of all personnel issues.
- Completes all required Company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
- Adheres to Company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Technical/Trade school certification or equivalent experience in related field.
- No prior experience or training required.
- This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
- This position does not require licenses or certifications.
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to interpret and create policies, procedures and manuals.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
- Recognizes an emergency situation and takes appropriate action.
- Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
- Ability to interpret and create spreadsheets.
- Able to use sound judgment; work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
- Competent in public speaking.
- Performs well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
- Basic math skills.