HRIS Sr Software Engineer
Mc Lean, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Engineering
Locations: VA - McLean, United States of America, McLean, Virginia
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
HRIS Sr Software Engineer
Do you want to work for a tech company that writes its own code, develops its own schedule and builds its own products? We experiment and innovate leveraging the latest technologies, engineer breakthrough customer experiences and we make a difference for 65 million customers. At capital one you will be part of a big group of makers, breakers, doers and disrupters, who love to solve real problems and meet real customer needs. Capital one started as an information strategy company that specialized in credit cards, and we have become one of the most impactful and disruptive players in the industry. We have grown to see ourselves as a technology company in consumer finance, with great opportunities for software engineers who want to build innovative applications to give users smarter ways to save, transact, borrow and invest their money.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios across multiple lines of business
- Continually improve software engineering practices
- Work with in and across agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment and learn new technologies, participate in internal and external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting edge technologies, inclusion, outside of the box thinking, team work, self-organization, and diversity
- Bachelor's degree or military experience
- At least 3 years of experience in Java
- At least 3 years of experience in XML
- At least 1 year of experience with Agile methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or Business Management
- 3+ years of experience in Workday or PeopleSoft Software Development
- 3+ years of experience in HRIS (Workday, Recruiting, Performance, Integration or Reporting)
- 1+ years of experience with HR functional areas and HR business processes, to include Payroll, IT and Finance
- 1+ years of experience in creating HRIS reports
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.