HR Advisor - Training/L&D - FMCG
Anonymous 23400.00 British Pound . GBP Per annum
Runcorn, Cheshire, United Kingdom
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: HR / Recruitment
Are you a pro-active & confident HR Advisor, who seeks a varied role that has a strong emphasis on recruitment, training & improving employee engagement/retention?
Are you at your best in a demanding role - possessing strong decision-making skills and preferring to work at pace; often in a standalone capacity on site?
Do you have experience of supporting c250 colleagues (or more), including a flexible (temporary) workforce, ideally in an FMCG/distribution environment?
If so, the role of HR Advisor for this ever-growing high street name could prove exactly the challenge you seek to showcase your capability.
This role will require providing support to two other sites in the region, so having your own transport will prove essential as occasional travel will be required.
To provide HR advisory, further development and administrative support to colleagues at all levels. To manage all related paperwork, legal and communicative matters and promote culture and wellbeing throughout the site.
* Reporting line for the site HR Administrator; ensuring training and development as appropriate.
* Manage mandatory and added value training for Management and Colleagues as and when required
* Advise, support and coach the team in relation to all matters relating to employee relations, welfare and employment matters, including disciplinary and grievance from coaching to dismissal.
* Ensure compliance with policies and procedures as well as legal compliance across the site.
* Distribute and provide training on new, or amendments to, policies, procedures and best practice standards
* Recruitment, onboarding & inductions.
* Agency management including headcount forecasting.
* All associated administration as and when required.
* Monthly and quarterly reporting as required.
* Accurate record keeping
Skills & Experience sought:
* Experience of a similar position
* Able to communicate effectively & confidently at all levels (written and verbal)
* Working knowledge of Microsoft packages - Outlook, Word, Excel.
* Strong customer service skills
* The ability to think ahead and consider the bigger picture
* Ability to prioritise workload effectively
* High levels of confidentiality, accuracy & attention to detail
* Good decision-making skills & confidence when delivering advice & offering support
* Sound knowledge of employment law and the drive to keep this updated
If you are interested in learning more about this vacancy, please apply with an up to date copy of your CV for immediate consideration