Home Health Social Worker MSW - (WAGE/PRN)
University of Virginia Health System
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: Community & Sport
The Home Care Clinical Social Worker is responsible for conducting face to face sessions with patients/care givers in their homes in order to complete thorough assessments, develop treatment plans, and provide supportive counseling, crisis intervention and brief therapy. Provides clinical services to both patients and their family members/caregivers.. Responsible for serving populations with a variety of clinical needs particularly psychological stress related to health impairments, chronic illness, trauma, death and dying, marriage and family dysfunction as well as substance abuse. Works with victims of intimate partner violence, abuse or exploitation, and facilitate the identification and implementation of healthy boundaries and effective communication techniques. Works with patients and interdisciplinary team members in an effort to maximize patients? potential for the healthiest coping responses to their challenging situation, including timely and safe discharge plans. Based on overall assessment and summary of patients and family needs, makes appropriate community referrals for follow up as needed. Serves as a liaison between the team and the patient/family and provides interventions designed to minimize patient stress and maximize coping skills to expedite recovery. Collaborates with team members to maximize planning and patient progression. May supervise bachelors and masters level students and act as a liaison to the community through public speaking.
*ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:*
1. Provides direct social work service to patients and families and/of patients by providing assistance with social and practical environmental problems.
2. Provides emotional support to patients and families/caregivers of patients who may exhibit feelings of anxiety and stress precipitated by illness and hospitalization. Conducts interventions based on needs identified during initial assessment. Advocates for patient and family wishes when appropriate. Provides emotional support to patient and family. Educates patient and family on the intent of the intervention as needed. Informs care team, patient and family of planning/discharge needs.
3. Maintains acceptable working knowledge of community resources needed to provide patients with continuity of care before and after discharge.
4. Participates in in-service and staff development activities by attendance, serving on planning committees and/or offering topics for pertinent educational programs.
5. Documents all activities relevant to casework, discharge planning and follow-up in accordance with UVA/Continuum standards, procedure and guidelines and regulatory requirements
6. Participates in education/research activities.
7. Acts as liaison between the Continuum Home Health and outside agencies/legal authorities and referral sources.
8. Provides individual counseling/problem solving sessions.
* Education: Master's degree in Social Work from a CSWE accredited social work program required.
* Experience: No experience required
* License/Certification: None
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
**Title:** *Home Health Social Worker MSW - (WAGE/PRN)*
**Location:** *Charlottesville City-Charlottesville*
**Requisition ID:** *33628*
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.