Help Desk Specialist
Clintwood, Virginia, United States
Job type: fulltime
Job industry: I.T. & Communications
TYPICAL EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED required, and at least one year call center or help desk/service desk experience or equivalent technical ability.
In addition to the qualifications listed, an Associate's degree in IT-related field and 1-2 years of help desk experience supporting personal computer hardware and software is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of personal computer use and solid understanding of basic IT concepts.
- Proficiency using and supporting common corporate software, including Microsoft Windows 7/10 OS, Microsoft Office 2007 and later (Word, Excel, Outlook email, etc.), networking and remote access, and antivirus software.
- Ability to perform first-line troubleshooting for corporate end users, including answering how-to questions, providing system and network status, and supporting a wide variety of proprietary and off-the-shelf applications and computing platforms.
- Must be able to communicate moderately complex technical information, ideas, and results effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to handle majority of requests without additional assistance, following established procedures and using available knowledge base and help tools provided to follow issue through to a proper resolution.
- Excellent customer service and team skills.
- Ability to document work you do clearly and accurately in electronic ticketing system.
- Perform of additional routine duties as assigned.
Candidate MUST be U.S. Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Microsoft Active Directory and DFS experience
- Genesys automatic call distribution (ACD) and interactive voice response (IVR) experience
- Service Now IT Ticketing Management System experience
- Google Mail
- Knowledge of help desk software and tools, mobile device support, VPN/remote connectivity support, Web-based application support.
- Experience with customer survey reporting and Service Level Agreement reporting